You Blockhead!

Ok. So did I really need to know that Charles Schulz was likely not the happy, personable image he set forward to the public during his life? NO! I just did NOT need to know that, thank you very much. I don't need to know about any hidden meanings in any of his comic strips. Leave me my Snoopy Dance and childhood memories of "A Charlie Brown Christmas." Please. I don't need to know the inner workings and foibles of the man who created so much joy and laughter for me and so many others. Charles Shulz's characters and Vince Guaraldi's music are an indelible part of my childhood.

I confess, until this cell phone, for years my ring tone was "Linus and Lucy," and the only reason it's not on this new phone, is that they don't have the right version available for me to download. I cannot tell you how much I miss it. Every single time my phone rang, it made me smile - and it made anyone around me who heard it smile as well - people asked me about it - while they were smiling - or they'd hear it, look at me and raise an eyebrow, as if to say, "is that . . .?," and I would smile and nod, and they would go on their way - smiling. I've done that silly dance any number of times in the Jewel while digging through my purse to answer the phone, causing all manner of smiles :-)

Smiling is good - don't you think that Charles Schulz knew that? I do. Smiling is good for the soul.

I've had this new phone for six weeks. Every time it rings it plays Amy Winehouse's "Rehab." Which makes me laugh, but it doesn't make me smile. The search is on.

Comments

Popular Posts