In Like a Lion . . .

We had quite a wild wind storm here about a week or so ago, and I discovered the top of my coach light blew off.






It's not secured to the base of the globe, but it's relatively heavy so it's never gone anywhere before, but it landed on my lawn.




Perhaps I should say it landed IN my lawn.  Actually, it IMPALED itself in my front lawn.  My front lawn that is frozen solid.  I tried for two days to get it out of there, but although it would wiggle a little, it wasn't going anywhere.  On Friday after work, the sun must have warmed things up enough all day that I was finally able to pull it loose.


It came out with a big chunk of dirt still frozen to it.  I put it back on the coachlight anyway.  We were supposed to get some snow, and I knew that if it got into the globe it would short it out.  I was all ready to cover it with tin foil.  You'll notice that that finial is about 4 inches long.  I have no idea how it got itself that far into the frozen ground  :-D

The book update - I finished another book, Daughters of the Night Sky, which I thought was interesting.  The other book I was reading, The Big Leap, did not grab me.  True to my plan, I did not finish it - rather, I dropped it off at The Little Free Library  :-)  I only have one more book to read to meet my goal of 12 books this year.  I really did not think I would be able to jump back into reading as easily as I did.  I think I'm not all that interested in self-help books at the moment.

Next up is Ikigai: The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life.  This was a book club book from last year that I never got to read, so I'm going to see if it grabs me. 

I have really enjoyed this weekend.  I just met with the guy who has been doing my driveway in the winter.  We've agreed that he will start taking care of my lawn this year, too.  He's very willing to work on it to get it to look a little better than it has for the past few years.  Having asthma keeps me from working in the yard, otherwise I would be doing it myself.  I wrote to the guy who has been doing the lawn for the past few years to let him know.  I wasn't unhappy with him, I just decided that I would keep my money local, since that's something that I preach about all the time.  Plus - this local guy cared for the lawn for the previous owner.  I have no idea why she didn't tell me about him - I probably would have been using him all these years.

Spring is on its way - my plants can tell that the days are getting longer.  This is a summer song - an old one - even so, it makes me thing of spring  :-)





Comments

Popular Posts