Laughter in the Rain . . .

Yes, I'm making an effort to post more regularly here.

I've found myself writing notes more since I've been home.  I had a thank you note to write for a birthday present that I wrote last week, and this morning before I left, I dashed off a quick note to a friend.  I don't really know why that feels so good, other than I was pretty much the last of the great letter writers.  I wrote them all the time until email became the easier and faster way to communicate.
I think I will be writing a few more - I'm enjoying it  :-) 

I has been raining all day long.  Not hard, but steadily.  I had two pieces of mail to drop into the drive-by mailbox, so I changed my shoes, put my sweatshirt and a hat on, grabbed my umbrella, and toddled on over to the mailbox.  Then I decided to go and see about at least a partial lap around the retention pond.  

There's something about walking in the rain . . . I have always loved it.  Even on a crappy day like today.

As mentioned, it's been raining all day, and I think it rained most of last night, because the water at the pond is as high as I've ever seen it.  It's a little tough to tell, but this tree is actually in the pond when it's usually on the bank!  You can tell that spring is here in Chicagoland  :-) 


This morning this couple apparently got lost on their way to the retention pond and decided my yard was a good substitute.  The back yard might as well be a pond at the moment . . .   It's a little tough to see because I took it through the French doors.


I spent some time meditating on the health and wellness of my kidney before I fell asleep last night, and I finally set reminders on my phone so I would do better with getting my water in.  It's the first day, but it's working.  However, I forgot how my body reacts when I'm actually getting my water in.  I got in at least 2 liters between 6:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.  When I get that much in (which is about how much I should be getting in by that time), my body holds on to it.  And then it releases it - seems like all at once.  So - I peed about 20 minutes before I left the house.  I peed again right before I left the house at 1:15, and by the time I was about halfway around the retention pond, I had to pee again.  I just made it home!  Geez.  So, that pretty much means that exercising earlier in the day is going to be a better choice for me unless I'm exercising at home.

I also cut my sodium way back today.  This is critical and I confess that I have not been tracking it as well as I need to.  But, since my kidney was sore yesterday, I got the message loud and clear.  I do NOT want to wind up in the ER with another stone.  

I managed some cleanup in the kitchen, and I'm listening to the Governor's daily briefing in the background as I catch up with you here.  I feel like I managed to push myself to actually do some things today.  This is good  :-)

I wish . . .


Comments

Michelle said…
Yes, I'm an old letter-writer, too! My aunt used to call me the "family scribe" because I wrote to my grandma and other relatives, back when long-distance calling was expensive and rarely done at our house. It IS harder to write now. Back then I had lots to talk about; now I feel like I've shared it all on my blogs or email or Instagram, so it's mostly short notes to say thanks or that I'm thinking of someone. I find it harder to write short notes....

And yay for you for getting back on the wagon, so to speak!
Retired Knitter said…
I could be a letter writer if it allowed for typed notes printed out and sent by snail mail. But pen in hand to paper writing - my brain shuts down. I do much better with my fingers on a key board.
A :-) said…
Michelle, even writing a short note seems to lift my spirits. And thanks for always cheering for me and my efforts at self-care :-)

Elaine - I used to type letters a lot! My penmanship is not what it once was, but I often journal Morning Pages by hand - I just do stream of consciousness. Whatever comes out I put on the page, mistakes and all :-)

Popular Posts