The Kitchen . . .

I participated in an organization thread on Ravelry today.  I started on my kitchen at 11:15, and I finished at 3.  I thought it would likely take me that long.  This is the most I've gotten accomplished since the pandemic started.  Seriously. 

Before and After on the table side:



Before and After on the bar side:



And Before and After on the cooktop side:



I'm feeling pretty righteous!

  • All the counters and the cooktop have been cleaned and polished
  • Nearly everything has been put away that needed to be put away
  • All the pots, saucers, and reservoirs (all used for my African violets) have been washed - you can see them drying on the counter
  • All ceiling lights and cobwebs have been vacuumed
  • The stainless steel sink and grate have been cleaned
  • The trash cans have been washed
  • The dishwasher is running
  • A load of kitchen rags and towels is going
  • The floor has been vacuumed and wet-Swiffered; and
  • The self-cleaning oven is cleaning itself.
In addition, I vacuumed in sunroom, and also in the guest room, and put both the vacuums away (they had both been sitting out for quite some time . . . Ahem . . .   :-D  The oven is still cleaning itself and it will have to sit for quite some time before I can wipe it out and put the racks back in.  I didn't clean the racks this time.  They were nowhere near as bad as the oven itself was.  I've definitely been cooking a lot, and - apparently - cooking a lot of splattery things  :-D 

This is the most energy I've have this week - and as mentioned early on, the most I've accomplished in this house in months.  My office is better than it was a few months ago, but there's still a LOT I could accomplish in here . . . I guess it will be my next burst of energy project. 

I didn't put on my house-cleaning CD this time, but I probably will next time.  In case you need some tunes to get you going - Earth Wind & Fire's Greatest Hits Volume 1 is the best ever for cleaning the house!  Here's the opening cut.




Comments

Popular Posts