Another Thing Bites the Dust . . .

I continue to find myself doing not all that much, and everything that goes wrong seems magnified a hundred-fold.  

The computer monitor croaking seemed like a mountain instead of a molehill.  

The hot water heater croaking seemed monumental.

Yesterday we had a derecho.  Just another weather term with which I was not familiar.  I mean, I had never heard of a polar vortex either until we had them repeatedly a few years ago.  And I had never heard of a derecho before yesterday.  My village did not sustain major damage - I'm grateful.  And I never lost power although my cable glitched but then came back on - again, I'm grateful.  I did, however, spend a tense hour in my basement, more scared than I've been in some time.  

And then, last night, a water main broke a block from my home.  It appears to be fixed now - I mean, water is again coming out of the pipes - but I have been unable to ascertain if we're under a boil order for the next 24-hours.  I'm going to proceed as if we are.  And I sincerely hope this was the third thing to bite the dust - you know these things come in threes and I had the first two last Wednesday.  

At least my office is relatively normal-looking again.
 
Here are the "before" photos:




And here are the "After" shots:




I find it disturbing that I had to do this type of major clean up in this room again.  I've done relatively well at keeping the kitchen in good shape since I straightened and cleaned it up a couple of weeks ago.  I'm hoping that that will be the case in here, too.  Now that I'm no longer working, I have more time to actually put things away after using them.  Somehow that never used to happen . . .
 
The yellow sofa was going to a cousin of mine in February, but we weren't able to coordinate the time to get it moved - and then the pandemic hit, so it's still here, with its second cover sitting in those IKEA bags.  I don't need to have a sofa in here.  But, for now, it will remain.

I managed to go to the dentist on Sunday - I drove downtown and parked in the Grant Park underground.  They had COVID relief pricing, so instead of it costing $30-odd bucks, it only cost $14.95.  I was grateful. My dentist has always worn PPE, but this time, he had a gown on, an N95 mask with a surgical mask over it, a head covering, gloves, and a face shield.  Wow!  
 
The good news was that I have good oral health  :-)  And the bone is growing back from the root canal I had to have the day after Christmas.  That abscess was pretty bad.  He said that the X-ray showed that a part of the bone has healed, but not all of it.  Still, he said that it's good and that there is a lot of jaw bone there to compensate for any that doesn't heal all the way.  He also took a complete set of X-rays - something that he hadn't done before.  So it was a longer than usual appointment and of course I ended up having to pee (which I try to avoid when away from home).  I remain grateful to my trainer for all the years he made me do squats . . . (I'll leave the rest up to your imagination  ;-D).

Medications that I take daily are now needing to be refilled and I'm hopeful that my doctors will not make me come in for appointments.  My asthma doc took care of one that I needed - I guess we'll see on the rest.

Life does go on in this time of COVID.  It doesn't go as it usually did, but things keep moving forward even if I don't seem to be moving at all . . . 


Comments

Michelle said…
I see my earworm crawled into yours. ;-)
A :-) said…
Oh my gosh, it sure did!!

Popular Posts