Why Am I doing This . . . ?

Taking a page from one of the blogs I read - My Next 20 Years of Living - I've decided to see if I can  declutter the house a bit more during the month of December.  Sort of getting ready for 2021 and making space in all areas.  Elaine is divesting items, and I'm sure I will be doing that, too, but for me it's also about organizing and making space in all areas of the house. 

All the guideline things I find are for "30 days."  I guess that rolls off the tongue better than 31 days.  :-D  Anyway, I've found two of them.  One is from Commit30 (which is the planner/calendar I have for 2021), and the other is from Your Modern Family.  Commit30 is more about personal things, and Your Modern Family seems more about house things.  I figure between the two of them, I should get something accomplished in the next month.  

However, I'm well aware that it's quite possible that I will not get anything accomplished whatsoever.  Sometimes life is like that, but I'm going to give it a go and see what I can do.  

This day after Thanksgiving was quiet for me.  It's dark already and I haven't looked at my phone all day long.  Mostly been a day of leftovers and watching television.  Tomorrow I will be back out for a walk at the very least.  

This has been an annus horribilus, as The Queen would say.  But for all the shit and all the pain and all the loneliness and all the anguish and all the fear - here I am.  Healthy.  Safe. And here is our country - about to be led by two strong and healing Americans.  I can't think of anyone better to navigate us to what will hopefully an annus mirabilis in 2021.  

I remain grateful for every morning that I wake up to the gift of another day . . . 

Sing your spirit back to life . . . 





Comments

Retired Knitter said…
Hey, thanks for the mention of my blog in your post. I think what I like about this current blog challenge is it just might make "decluttering" a habit - being weekly (or in my case every other week, haha.). Since stuff comes into the house on a regular basis, stuff should go out the same way. Anyway, that is how I am looking at it. I think the act of decluttering works best when you follow a method that works for you personally. Some (like me in the past) liked doing a full room or full house effort every several years. But now I find do a bit every week is more realistic and just as productive in the long run.

And you are so right about the new leadership! The difference between the two men is like different planets. Bidden addressing the nation in advance of Thanksgiving - with heart lifting messages of unity and Trumps message is self centered on the fact he lost and the election must be "rigged." January 20th can't come soon enough.

Happy Thanksgiving to you.
A :-) said…
Always happy to give a shoutout! I'm inspired by your decluttering, Elaine! I hope you had a great Thanksgiving :-)
Kim said…
A,
I'm going to try this 30-day challenge too! I think this is a great way to end this year and look for a much brighter 2021.
Thank you for the idea and boost!!
Kim
A :-) said…
Kim! Yay!!! I'm going to post it in the Ravelry Group, too.

Popular Posts