Post and Run . . .

I went to Stitches Midwest on Sunday . . .

I like to participate in Buffalo Wool's Mystery Bag, where you donate some skeins and get to buy a mystery bag for $20.  I did two this year and got a skein of Sexy, their laceweight.  Colorway is Afternoon Delight.


And a skein of Skies DK, which goes very nicely with two other skeins I got in a previous year!  Colorway is True North.


Then I shopped.  I ordered a sweater's worth from Leading Men Fiber Arts on their Callback base in the Dames at Sea colorway, which is a beautiful, deep blue. 

Then I picked up some MadelineTosh fingering weight at WEBS, in the Thunderstorm colorway - enough for a sweater:


Some of the most beautiful - and most interesting stuff I saw all day was at the shared booth of Magpie Fibers and YOTH Yarns.  Seriously - I think I'm about to start saying YouKidsGetOffMyLawn!!!  :-D  I just don't care for the current trend of neon bright colors and speckles everywhere.  Truth be told, I'm not all that keen anymore on most variegated yarns either!  Except for, you know, Socks that Rock, and even then I'm pretty choosy.

Anyway, this is Magpie Fibers Solstice base in the Desert Rose and Mesa colorways, which has both silk and cotton in it along with the wool.  I can hardly wait to get it on my needles!  I'm thinking another Copenhagen Calling.


Same here with the YOTH Big Sister in the Rosemary and Thyme colorways.  :-)  I'll have Copenhagen Callings in multiple colors!


My last stop of the day was at a new vendor - she had antique buttons :(and no website).  I could not pass them up. This was the point where my credit card lit itself on fire - I'd forgotten to notify the credit union that I was going to be at an event with vendors from all over the country.  Of course the computers can't tell you're at Stitches - they just see multiple purchases in a short period of time from all over the country.  I OK'd the texted fraud alert I received (handy, that!) and received confirmation that I could use my card, but apparently there is a time lag between the text and when they actually release the card.  I paid the button lady cash because I just couldn't let these go.


Pretty awesome, aren't they?  :-)

Comments

Michelle said…
I followed the YOTH blog before they went big! You collected some beautiful booty there; MadTosh is one of my all-time favorite brands.
A :-) said…
michelle, their stuff was just gorgeous. I sure hope they come back next year! And seriously - who doesn't love MadTosh?! :-)

Popular Posts