I Am In Love with a Man Who Loves Me Back . . .

So . . . um . . . yeah, this is one of the amazing and wonderful things that has kept me away from my blog since spring.

:-)

He chooses to not have a web presence and I am honoring that.  He is well aware of my rather high-profile web presence. He's also aware that I am pretty roundy and he doesn't care.  We'll just call him J, shall we?  The most important thing to know, I guess, is that I'm happy.  So. Very. Happy.  I had forgotten what it felt like to be this happy.  And I had forgotten what it felt like to be truly loved and cherished. My heart is so full . . .  :-)  It's pretty wonderful.  So is he.  :-)  I smile a lot more than I used to . . .  :-)  Oh - there is one other thing - he and I were each other's first loves.  Yes, really.  And now, after 30+ years apart we are together again and it is heavenly - for both of us. Seriously, it's like a movie or a book. I won't be talking all that much about him here, but I'm sure he will come up from time to time, and I thought that anyone who has stuck with me all this time deserved to know one of the major reasons I've been gone from what is often my lifeline - this blog.  Learning to mesh two busy schedules has been nothing if not interesting  :-)

It wasn't just love that kept me away, however; there were plenty of other distractions from spring, on - not all of them happy.  I'll share them with you as we go along and we'll get caught back up together.  For now, though, I think it's most important to say that I have found that I very much miss writing here.  It really is a lifeline for me in many ways, and sharing parts of my life here has always been important to me. 

Most recently, I've realized that I really must journal for my own sanity.  And I really must take more time for myself.  And I really must give myself the time I need to take good care of myself.  Writing here is part of that deal.  And so I continue on the path of self-discovery and re-discovery.  It's a good path and one I've walked before.  This time I have a lantern to light my way as I consider how best to live in the present.

So, if there's anyone still out there, I apologize for the delay.  And if there's no one left, that's OK, too.  As most bloggers do, I mostly write here for myself - it's a gift when others find me and enjoy visiting my corner of the sky - or blogosphere, as it were. 

And so, here we are.  It's mid-September.  We are headed into the second half of Lughnasa in the Celtic Calendar - harvest time - and are barreling on toward Samhain.  It's been an odd summer weather-wise here in Chicagoland - often brutally hot.  But more recently the days have cooled and the nights are even cooler.  I'm loving it! 

And on that note, I will stop - for now - and leave you with an old memory . . .




p.s.  I know I've been gone way too long because I didn't rate a mention as a blogpal from my friend, Michelle at Boulderneigh, recently  ;-)  (just joking, Michelle!!).

Comments

Michelle said…
And you didn't comment on mine! ;-)

I'm tickled pink to see you "out" your relationship and happiness, and I sure am glad to hear you'll be blogging again. Yes, it is important to make time for yourself, although it can be a challenge to find that balance. Kudos to you for taking care of yourself. Hugs!
Debbie S. said…
Wonderful news! :)
Love does take time to RETURN to the one who shares it...
but, it spreads a rosy glow over other parts of our lives too!
I expect to see more posts here, as you find more and more joy!
Kim said…
YEAH YOU!!!

I met up with A earlier this month. She was all smiles and just so happy!

All the best!!
Anonymous said…
I think it's great that life gave you such a wonderful surprise! It is the greatest gift when someone loves us for who and what we are on the inside. I am so happy for you!!
A :-) said…
Thanks you guys :-) I really am happy. It's pretty amazing and I'm loving every minute of it!
Ely said…
Getting caught up, and what awesome news!! And yes, you are living a pretty sweet love story. ❤️
candy said…
I have been away from my blog and your blog for so long I wasn't even aware of your happy news! I am SO HAPPY for you!!!! Yay!
I am way behind on my blog reading but I want to say that I am so very happ for you!

Popular Posts