Four Days . . .

 So.  Why am I surprised that the current administration LIED about having a stockpile of vaccine doses?  It really makes me nervous to know that the stockpile is non-existent.  Just yesterday the governor of Illinois laid out the plan for how my state is about to ramp up vaccination doses.  Will we be able to do that now??  Who knows.  It's just four days until Joe and Kamala are sworn in.  I know they have a plan.  Will we last that long?

J had to have a COVID test earlier this week.  Thank God it came back negative - he just has a cold.  He's been trying every day to get an appointment online for his first dose of the vaccine.  No luck.  It's just four days until Joe and Kamala are sworn in.  I know they have a plan.  Will we last that long?

One of my friend's baby sister has been in the ICU on a ventilator since Christmas.  And now the doctor says she's not going to recover.  My heart is breaking for my friend and for her parents, who will be losing a second adult child in less than two years.  It's just four days until Joe and Kamala are sworn in.  I know they have a plan.  Will we last that long?

Yes.  We will last that long.  Yes, Joe and Kamala have a plan - they have a lot of plans and strategies already in place and they've been talking about them daily.  

Who knows what could happen in the next four days?  But we will last that long.  Except maybe for my friend's sister.  And you know what?  I'd like to slap the current resident of the White House.  And scream at him although I know he wouldn't care.  He's incapable of caring.  This is all his fault.  It didn't have to be this bad.  Did my friend's sister get the remdesivir and monoclonal antibodies that he did?  I doubt it.  I know we all go when it's our time - and not before our work here is done - but she's in her mid-50s.  How is her work here done??? 

We will last that long for all those who might not and all those who didn't - who lost their lives needlessly in this stupid, stupid pandemic that didn't have to be this bad.  And we will last that long for all the people waiting for their second dose of the vaccine and for those of us still waiting for the first.  And we will last that long for the four horrible years we've just been through to be over. 

We've come this far, holding to the good and standing up for what is right, and fighting against the constant lying for four years.  It's just four more days . . .

I heard this song recently on an old episode of Rizzoli & Isles.  It's always been a favorite of mine. I realize it has nothing to do with what I wrote today, but it makes me feel better to hear it.  Maybe it will make you feel better too . . .


 

Comments

Retired Knitter said…
The Calvary is finally on the way!
A :-) said…
We're almost there, you guys :-)

Popular Posts