We Made It . . .

There were days in these past two weeks that I thought we would not make it to this day.

But here we are, and what a day it's been!  I, for one, am exhausted.  I have been glued to CNN since early this morning.  I didn't want to miss anything.  

I got up early, got cleaned up, put my eyebrows on, and got ready for the day.  This was my Selfie of the Day today, in my Biden/Harris shirt and my pearls (in memory of RBG and in honor and support of Vice President Harris). 

The furnace guys came early and the problem turned out to be the circuit board.  Thankfully they had one on the truck, otherwise I would still be bundled up in a chilly sunroom.  It was down to 60 degrees in there and had been since I think Friday. Ugh. $500 bucks later, the heat was back on.  I watched everything CNN broadcast, although I didn't get to see the Parade Across America.  I'm sure it will show up on YouTube and I'll be able to see it.  I even watched the first press secretary briefing.  There hasn't been one for more than a year (which, I guess, tells you pretty much everything you need to know about the previous administration . . . ).  It was interesting.  And factual.  And respectful of the journalists in the room asking questions.  

I am filled with joy and hope, and the knowledge that Joe went immediately to work.  We're back in the Paris Climate Accord (in the next 30 days - it takes that long to get back in).  We're not leaving the World Health Organization - in fact, Dr. Fauci will be participating in WHO's executive meeting this week!  We're wearing masks for the first 100 days (I've been wearing one since March).  And seriously - you need to wear a mask every time you leave your house.  I put mine on before I get in the car to go anywhere.  I wear it on walks where I rarely see anyone.  Here in Illinois that's the guidance.  Wear it all the time.  So I do.  This article from CNN breaks down all the executive orders signed today.  

This came across my Facebook feed.  It's from Flying Edna artist Kai Skye (formerly known as Brian Andreas).  It's called Unfamiliar Joy.

It pretty much sums it all up, doesn't it?  

I kinda wish someone had sung this song in the concert tonight . . . 


 

Comments

Michelle said…
Thinking of some of your past photos, my 'selfie' today was of a massive bruise; ha! So thankful we made it to – and through – this day; may this be a corner turned.
A :-) said…
Sure hope your leg is healing up and no clots are happening.

Popular Posts