Three Days . . .

As I wait for the administration to turn over, I am reminded that life goes on.  

Tomorrow I will be seeing the oral surgeon for the consultation on the possible cyst in my jaw.  And the secondary furnace is wonky again.  Unfortunately, a wonky furnace means that people will be in the house again.  It's the same issue as before that we thought was fixed by cleaning the heat sensor back on Christmas Eve.  It intermittently just stops blowing warm air.  It doesn't stop blowing air, it just stops blowing warm air.  It's odd that it's intermittent and it worked after being serviced until yesterday.  It came back on for the moment this morning, but I had to put a sweatshirt on this morning because it was 64 in the sunroom and that's where I spend most of my time. I'm hoping they will come out tomorrow afternoon to figure out what's going on.  

And now, in the evening - the heat was out most of the day.  Now it's 63 in the sunroom and after an hour or so of a sweatshirt and a shawl on top of my jammies, I've decamped to warmer parts of the house!  The lite cart of violets has been rolled into the kitchen.

Thought I would share some finished objects tonight.  After all the decluttering in December I was sort of on a roll.  First, I finished the 2020 Project Peace shawl.  I posted a few photos already but the color in this one is better.  I didn't enjoy working on this one - I might have already mentioned that - mainly because I couldn't finish it with two skeins.  Thankfully I had a partial skein of black Socks That Rock lying around with made for a nice edging.

Next, I finished my Kyler shawl.  It was really hard to get a photo that shows the colors well.  This in-process shot is close.

 

 

This one after blocking is also pretty close but you can't really see all the colors in it until you actually see it.  It did fade a little after being washed, but not much.  I have more Wisco Sock in the Gaia colorway.  I'm considering making another one of these.

Blocking this one took some doing.  I had to break out the third blocking table, used a lot of blocking wires, and ALL my blocking mats!  Here's a look.

Next to finish was my Banstead pullover.  It's not a great photo.  It's been washed/dried since and it's a bit shorter.  It shrank up.  It fits but it's not particularly flattering at the moment.  Oh well.

Then I picked up my Great British Baking Shawl.  For reasons unknown, I put this Mystery KAL down after finishing Clue 3.  Clue 4 was the last one!  So, a year later, I picked it back up.  There were eleventy million ends to weave in!  Ugh!  I don't really mind doing finish work, but with all these colors there were so many ends to weave!  And this one was another blocking challenge.  This took well over an hour and involved multiple re-pinning.  I used all but three of my blocking pins!  Again, basement lighting and purple blocking mats . . .

Here it is finished  :-) The yarn was a kit from Miss Babs, in the Giant Silk Moth colorway.  I don't often spring for kits, but this really called to me.

So, it's been a productive few weeks here, Chez A.  I've picked up my Purl Code Cardigan and am on the body - pretty much endless stockinette except where I code words into the fabric!  This will be next on the docket to finish. 

I'm stuck in 70s music again . . . don't you want to dance?


Comments

Michelle said…
My hat is off to you; I really dislike blocking and have a Romi shawl and a rectangle scarf knit years ago that need to be blocked....
A :-) said…
I got really tired of blocking things on my guestroom floor and bought some inexpensive folding tables and blocking mats off Amazon. They make everything so much easier. I leave them set up in the basement! Also, blocking wires and good blocking pins make things a LOT easier. :-)
Michelle said…
I have the matts, wires and pins, but not the tables. Not having to be on the floor would be REALLY nice....
A :-) said…
Michelle, here is a link to the ones I got.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00DOZTM3O?ref=pd_basp_dp_primary

Retired Knitter said…
Beautiful work. I LOVE your choice of colors.
A :-) said…
Elaine, thank you! :-)

Popular Posts