What Just Happened? . . .

It's Wednesday, January 6, 2021. It has been an unbelievable day.   It never occurred me that I would live to see the Capitol of the United States of America stormed by armed insurrectionists - that they would breach both houses of Congress and that at least one person would lose their life.  And that this mob of misguided morons - sure in their erroneous beliefs and victims of one of the worst disinformation campaigns mounted by a foreign power that we have ever seen - would be encouraged, and insurrection fomented by the person who is supposed to be the head of this nation, who then filmed a message where he told the mob to go home, but at the same time lied and lied and lied again, and then told these domestic terrorists that he loved them.  But I did live to see it - to watch it unfold in front of me on a television screen. And I don't understand how it could have happened.  Here.

January 20th cannot come soon enough . . .



Comments

Michelle said…
You really didn't imagine that it would come to this, after all that trump has been saying since before his election, and all the enabling by Republicans, and the ever-increasing boldness of his base? After CHARLOTTESVILLE???
A :-) said…
I didn't, Michelle. I know that we have what Carl Bernstein has called a cold civil war and I have been concerned that we could have another actual civil war. But no, I didn't imagine that it actually would come to armed violent in the Capitol. I do wish Pence would start the process of the 25th Amendment to remove him, but I doubt that will happen.
Retired Knitter said…
I was stunned and shocked yesterday - the day I watched it unfold on live Tv. Then today I am just angry! The only thing I can think of is January 20th. He needs to leave office now. But I bet that won’t happen. How can one man cause so much havoc!

Popular Posts