Here it Comes . . .

I don't know about you, but last night I slept the best I've slept in a very long time.  No nightmares (a regular occurrence for me in recent years, I'm afraid).  I didn't even wake up to pee, and for any woman of a certain age that's a pretty big deal.  (TMI? :-D).  I awoke refreshed and ready to greet this day. 

And I was reminded that I live in an amazing country.  That our founding fathers were very smart.  That they crafted a great experiment.  And that we have been able to keep it.  

One of my younger cousins told me that she's finding it difficult to suppress the feeling that someone like Dump is going to be right back in the office before we know it. Here was my response to her: 

"Understandable to feel that something like Dump could happen again. The good news is that WE have the power over that. That's why it's so important to vote. In every election. Remember that it's the House and the Senate that actually enact laws. Those down-ballot races are critically important. So we stay involved and keep moving forward. These last four years have made it crystal clear that We, the People, have to make our voices heard. That's how we stop someone like Dump."

I think the last four years are a (painful) lesson to us all.  But for today I'm basking in the sunshine, both figuratively and literally, because the sun is out here after days of clouds.  

Here it comes . . . 


Comments

Retired Knitter said…
getting to your post a little late but I totally agree!!

Popular Posts