Catching it Up . . .

So . . . um . . . tune in tomorrow turned in to weeks, but I was given the unexpected gift of time this morning when my trainer called off.

The chicken in the Instant Pot turned out quite well, and the mini size is perfect for one or two people.  I even made space for it on my counter - which says a lot - I don't leave much out on the kitchen counter.  I haven't used it since, but I'm sure I will be  :-)

I did end up having to take a second day off from that cold/flu combo, and I'm still pretty tired from it - been getting as much extra sleep as possible these past weeks.

No progress on the Weight Watchers front, but Freestyle is still My style for sure.  I had a 4 pound gain the first week of January (probably backlash from the tail end of holiday eating as well as weird eating from being so ill), and I have been losing it again ever since.  So progress has slowed a bit there, but it's still progress.  :-) 

The weather has been pretty awful here in Chicagoland.  We were in the deep freeze again for weeks.  It snowed at Christmas and then it was so cold that, for the first time in probably a decade, I just couldn't get out there and clear my driveway.  I drove on it, snow and all, for days, and finally when the temps got up to 18 degrees, I was able to get out there.  But I had to do it by shovel because I hadn't gotten the snow blower prepped for winter. 

I've been thinking about trying to find someone to do my driveway.  My lawn guys come out from the city, so having them do it isn't practical - I really was at  loss to find someone local.  Lo and behold, a guy in a red pickup stopped right as I was nearing the end of the driveway.  Long story short, I now have a local guy to do my driveway for what I think is a very reasonable price.  Answered prayer for sure.  He even does the sidewalk in front of my house!  Yay!!!  I'm so grateful - even with the snow blower I have it takes at least 45 minutes to do the driveway.  I'm just thrilled to give up this outdoor chore!  And, interestingly enough, this guy used to do the driveway and the lawns for the former resident - you'd think she could have left me that info a million years ago, wouldn't you?? 

Most importantly in the weeks since my last post - I participated in the second Women's March Chicago - March to the Polls.

More on that soon  :-)

Should be a little warmer again today - yesterday I was extremely grateful for the cleats I have for my hiking boots because it was a skating rink with black ice everywhere. 

I'll leave you with a new one from Katy Perry . . .


Comments

candy said…
Great news about the driveway! I enjoyed the video, lots of neat choreography
Michelle said…
Oh, YAY on the providential visit from the guy in the red truck!

Popular Posts