Happy New Year!

2018 is here.  I'm glad of it  :-)

I'm also glad to have had these days off - it's very likely that will take a day and stay home tomorrow for one more day - that will be the last dose of the Z-Pac, and while I have the side-effects from the Tamiflu  under control now, there's no controlling my intestinal tract until I've finished taking the Z-Pac.  I'm still coughing like a fiend, so there's that, too.

This happened today:


That's the carcass of my Fitbit One.  It gave up the ghost this morning.  Ever since Fitbit's most recent software update my One had been requiring charging every few days rather than its former every couple of weeks.  I thought maybe mine was just old, but I started hearing the same thing from other One users.  Coincidentally (I think NOT) when I went out to the website to buy another, I found that Fitbit had discontinued the One.

===:-O

As long as I charged mine up, it kept going - but as ill as I've been the past week, I neglected to get it in to the charger until this morning.  It wouldn't charge.  The conspiracy theorist part of my mind is wondering if Fitbit caused it to not recharge.  You know, like it would keep going unless you let it run down completely (or unless you cancelled your premium account which I did a few weeks ago).  Maybe letting run down all the way would trigger it not to recharge at all.  All just guesses and conjecture on my part, but since we all know what Apple just did to some of its older iPhones it really doesn't seem that far-fetched, does it??

In any case, it's dead as a door nail and I'm going to miss it terribly.  I went out an ordered a Zip from the Fitbit website - which OF COURSE is back-ordered for weeks because all the people who can no longer get a One ordered a Zip.  How does Fitbit not get that not everyone wants a tracker on their wrist????  I have a Bellabeat that I'm wearing in the meantime, but it doesn't sync with my WW app so I'll be glad to get the Zip when it eventually shows up.

Why is change so hard?

I think I'm whinier than usual because I still feel pretty punk.  (That's my story and I'm sticking to it  ;-) )

Tonight's dinner was going to be an experiment with my new Instant Pot.  I ended up giving the big one to my cousins and buying the smaller size for myself.  However, I decided that today was not actually a good day to experiment with a new appliance.  So, I put a potato in the oven and had some comfort food for dinner.  :-)  High points.  Super worth it.

This Neil Gaiman quote rolled across my FB feed yesterday:


And this song has been in my head for days (I love these guys), so I'll leave you with them  :-)


Comments

Michelle said…
I have a FitBit Flex that I have to charge every few days, and replace bands every few months, but I would hate to be without it!
Anonymous said…
Do you sync your Fitbit on a daily basis? I've had similar problems with mine and discovered that if I put the Fitbit on the dongle, held the button down for 10-12 seconds, it started working again.
Go to the Dashboard, it should be the page that shows up when you log in. Click on the icon of the Fitbit at the top of the page and then click on it again when it drops down. At the left side of the screen is a menu and scroll down a few lines, you should see "Help" for help with devices and FAQ. Click on "FAQ" and if you can't find your answer there, use the search engine box at the top of the screen. There is also a browse by category on the right side.

I guess we should be getting used to the built in obsolescence of computers, cell phones, etc., but I hate to keep buying new items. I'm rather cheap that way! These things should last longer than they do.

Hope this helps you some.

Janice H.

Popular Posts