Roll With It Baby . . .

I think maybe I just heard that on a commercial for something . . . but it's very apropos for pretty much everything.  At least I think so.  And it's sticking with me.  :-)

The days are passing quickly in October - The leaves from the on-fire tree on my block are long gone.  The mums are deadheaded and I'm thinking about attempting to plant them in the ground this weekend.  The deck furniture must head to the garage this weekend, and although I never changed the screens on the security door to the storms last winter, I'm thinking this winter is going to be a different story, so I might as well do that this weekend, too  :-)

I bought a Christmas decoration last weekend at the 3 French Hens Market in Morris, Illinois, and yes, yes I did just put my Christmas playlist on my Touch.  (I happen to think Christmas music is appropriate pretty much any time at all.)  And I'm considering decorating early for the holidays . . .

No, I'm not rushing the season.  It's rushing itself. 

I just got a huge box of leaves and plant starts from a friend on the East Coast - just in time before the weather gets really cold.  It was a surprise box of joy, filled with all manner of African violet, and I went through everything last night to see what I would keep (not everything makes the cut around here, and my friend knows that  :-) ), and then got about a third of it potted up/put down.  My work is cut out for me tonight - I must finish tonight and get the kitchen back in some sort of order because the cleaning crew comes on Friday.  They will not be pleased if the counter is full of plants   :-D

I recommitted to Weight Watchers, and lost more than 8 pounds this week (I must have been holding on to a LOT of water . . . ) although I'm very frustrated by their newest toy - the ActiveLink.  I thought it would track my activity and translate it into Activity Points.  There are conflicting explanations about how one's baseline is set (it's a joint venture between Philips and WW, and one says one things and the other says the opposite . . . ), and it turns out that it's a challenge device and appears pretty much useless for a true accounting of my activity.  I'm already as active as I can be without quitting my job and living in the gym, I just wanted to track it. 

Yesterday I made 142% of the challenge goal they set for me after a second "assessment period," and I didn't get any activity points for it at all . . .

This morning I just did 45 minutes on the treadmill (that's 2 1/4 miles - I'm a slow walker), and I didn't get anything for that, either.

Alrighty then. 

I'm giving it one more day, but if it keeps on going how it's going, I'm shutting it off and taking the $40 buck loss and chalking it up to experience.

I've pretty much settled on what I'm going to do for my pay it forward folks (yay!), and I'm looking forward to a visit from Linda the Chicken Lady this weekend (yay! again!).

But first - there are leaves and suckers (those are plantlets without roots usually, that form on the center stems of African violets) to pot up and add to my "list."  It's a big list.  It won't stay that big for too long.  I'll make decisions on things as they grow - if they bloom true, if they shape up.

In the meantime, here's a piece of summer to hold on to  :-)  If you haven't actually seen this - be sure to watch to the end . . .



Comments

Michelle said…
Oh shoot! Pay It Forward . . . I kinda forgot about that! I guess I should thank you for the reminder....
Oh that song! I'm going to be singing it for days :)
Amy said…
8 lbs in a week. That's awesome.
A :-) said…
Amy - it was awesome, but I doubt it will be a weekly occurrence :-D

Kristyn - it's the best hook on a song that I've heard in a very long time - and I keep singing it, too :-D

Michelle - you're welcome ;-D

Popular Posts