Books, the Weather, etc.

Since we last caught up, all manner of thing has been going on here.

J came for a visit at the end of January and it was so very good to not only see him, but to have actual time in each other's presence.  He said he wanted to see what winter is like in Chicagoland . . . and he picked the coldest week - ever, I think - to be here.

JesusMaryandJosephAndAllofHisCarpenterFriends . . . -25 degrees with -50 windchill.  Another polar vortex - we were stuck in the house for three days, watching Netflix, and pretty much just hanging out.  My furnaces did yeoman's work - thankfully - and kept us warm and toasty.

J liked his scarf, an Architexture.  It's on the left in this photo:


During the past couple of weeks I've managed to finish and block a few things!  Yay Me!

I finally got my Project Peace 2018 cowl blocked, and it's great.  I really like it.  Forgive how ragged I look - I've been laid low with a respiratory infection, so I look rode hard and put away wet.


It seemed too tall to me initially, but now that it's blocked, I like it!

And here is my Minimalist shawl.  My colors for sure.


Now on my needles is a Piper's Journey in support of my friend, Paula, from Knitting Pipeline.  If you follow her podcast you know that she is facing a difficult cancer journey.  Many folks on her Ravelry group decided to knit her patterns as a show of support.  This is my second Piper's Journey - the first one I gifted.  This one is in the Black Watch colors of my kilt and will be for me.  I'm also knitting it in Aran weight instead of the sport weight the pattern calls for.


I'm a little more than halfway done with the applied border.  I'm really looking forward to seeing this one blocked.

On the WW front - I have continued to go up and down the past few weeks - and I realized I was succumbing to work-related stress.  Going forward, I'm planning on handling that another way than eating things that aren't best for me.  Onward . . .

Saddened to learn of the passing of Peter Tork this past week.   The tune below is not him singing (it's Mike Nesmith, with Micky Dolenz on the high harmony), but it's one of my favorites.

It has taken me more than a week to get this post prepped and ready to go, so I'm going to stop now and get it out there  :-)



Comments

Michelle said…
Yay, a visit! And lots of pretty knits! I think you've lost weight; it shows in your face.
A :-) said…
Thanks, Michelle! I think it does show a bit in my face. I'm back on the downward path now, so hopefully it will start showing in other spots, too :-D
Ely said…
Fun catch up! "Rode hard and put away wet" is such an awesome description! I am going to remember this for my many haggard days because surely this descriptor will make me smile!
Anonymous said…
This has been one miserable winter for us. Glad to know that you were able to survive it by spending quality time knitting. :) I'm beginning to get cabin fever - - - or is it spring fever??? Either way I'll be glad when spring rolls around. Love all your knitting projects. And I'm impressed with your knitting experience. A couple projects that would intimidate me. I'm glad to know that you are able to sit up and take nourishment once again. :)

Janice H.
A :-) said…
Ely - I learned that one back in my theatre days. :-D
A :-) said…
Janice - I've been knitting since I was a little girl. Probably 7 or 8 years old. My Gramma taught me :-) I don't think you can grow up in an Irish household (I'm a first-gen American) without learning some sort of handwork!

Popular Posts