Oral Surgery . . .

There is much I want to write about, but oral surgery happened yesterday, and I'm really really tired.  

So, I'll just share this:

See that white dot?  That's end of the root canal I had in December 2019.  See the defined crescent around it that looks like a Pac-Man?  That's the cyst/abscess that has been eating away at my jaw for more than a year.  The surgeon said there was a lot of pus under my tooth once he got it out.  It's out, everything was cleaned out, and bone graft material put into the empty space.  I have dissolving stitches.  All I can take is Tylenol (allergic to opioids) but it seems to be doing the trick.  Yesterday was rough but today has been pretty much pain-free.  I'm grateful.   A lot of Kraft Dinner eaten, which is sort of gross but soft.  So it goes.  I've got some chicken noodle soup for tomorrow and some hard-boiled eggs for egg salad.

More soon . . .

Time for my theme song again.  We'll be hearing it throughout the year  :-)  And I am reminded that my word for 2021 is Focus.



Comments

Michelle said…
Oh, that sounds unpleasantly familiar. I've had two of those, complete with bone graft material so that should I ever be able to afford implants, my jaw is ready to go. I never take Tylenol for other things, but it WAS the best pain relief for any kind of dental pain!
Retired Knitter said…
Ouch! I hate having dental procedures but I don’t think I have had bone graft. Maybe 8 crowns, one root canal and 2 extractions of wisdom teeth - late in life. But no bone grafts. Hope you continue to improve.
A :-) said…
Michelle, yes, I did think of you, remembering you'd had a number of dental procedures. And yes, the implant is going to be spendy, I'm afraid. The Tylenol is definitely helping any pain.

Elaine, you've had more crowns than I. Two, and two root canals, both of which happened to this particular tooth. Thanks for the good wishes :-)

Popular Posts