Wax On . . . Wax Off . . .

For those of you too young to get that reference, I'm channelling The Karate Kid.

Sock On . . . my next sock project went on the needles this a.m. They are gift socks for someone I know with very narrow, very long feet, so I went down a needle size. And got a fair bit accomplished during two train rides and an episode of "Cane." I'm looking at this as a rather large swatch ;-) Trekking XXL is just smaller/thinner yarn than Opal or Lana Grossa. There's narrow, and then there's Narrow, and when you can't get the leg of the sock over your heel very well, that's Narrow . . . Sock Off.

Sock On . . . on the needles I normally use. The sock will be narrow enough because the yarn is smaller. The yarn itself is not one I would have ever chosen myself, and once again I am surprised at the difference between how something appears in the skein, and how it actually looks knitted up. It's a good thing and actually quite pretty. Yay!

Comments

Popular Posts