Saturday, Chez A :-)

OK - when I said it was cold on Tuesday - I was mistaken. Thursday was cold. Yesterday was cold. HolyMotherofGod cold. I had to break out the Industrial Strength Hat and Scarf on Thursday, something I usually don't have to do until January, because usually it doesn't get this cold until January.

I don't mean to complain, because I truly do love all four of the seasons we get here. And hey - it's like 28 today - a veritable heatwate. At any rate, it's WAY better than where I used to live in SoCal. We had two seasons there: Brown, and On Fire. I'm not kidding.

But geez - it was cold yesterday. This morning it warmed up enough to snow some more, and I got outside to refill the bird feeder, and hauled out the snowblower to clear the driveway before I headed out to have lunch with my cousin N and her family. We had a lovely time - looking over old photographs from Ireland.

And I'm home now - and I'm spending my afternoon and early evening in my living room. I spend most of my time in my sunroom. It's a beautiful place to be and I'm very grateful for it. But I love my living room. Here's how it looks today - decked out in most of it's Christmas finery. See that Christmas stocking? That's mine from when I was a little girl - I wanted to be a ballerina (doesn't every little girl?). I think that the girl on the stocking is really an angel (she has a glitter halo), but I always thought she was a ballerina (that's my story and I'm sticking to it ;-) ). I'm not sure what the seal with ball on his nose has to do with the ballerina, but there it is. :-)

I fired up the fireplace (pardon the pun), and I'm about to curl up on the leather sofa and read. It's one of those cushy, sort of an overgrown club chair sort of sofas. So comfy. I have Christmas tunes on the telly, and I'm going to read some more of Meg Cabot's Size 14 is not Fat Either. It's part of the Heather Wells mysteries. Meg Cabot is hilarious.

The fire is roaring and crackling, and the candles are lit - they are Yankee's Christmas Wreath, which makes the entire house smell like there is a real Christmas tree in here. I'm sorta wishing I had someone to share it with. I wonder if that means I'm ready to date again . . .

Anyway.

I got to ride in on the train with KniftyRed yesterday because I was pokey and missed my regular train. We talked a little about the Knit-A-Long that she and I and Knitterary and probably a few others from our SnB are going to do in the new year. We're all going to knit Alice Starmore's St. Brigid. I'm excited about this - and I have yarn from my stash all ready to go. I just need to finish St. Patrick first :-D

But first, the fire is calling . . . :-)

Comments

Kris said…
That fire looks so cozy! A perfect spot to curl up and knit;)

My hubby purchased my xmas gift and so I'll be knitting up St. Brigid come the new year!
Knitterary said…
Mmm, fireside knitting. So cozy.

I was digging through my stash yesterday for a St. Brigid candidate. :)
Linda said…
I can't let that comment about dating pass without a reply. Well, are you???

Looks like you had a cozy day. That's the one thing I wish I had in my wonderful house: a fireplace.

Popular Posts