A Goes to the Movies . . .

OK - I went to the movies today. The last movie I saw in the theater was Iron Man, in May 2008. I am the only person who wishes that Robert Downey, Jr. was a little taller? ;-)

I really love and enjoy movies, but I've found in the past few years that I rarely go to the theater to watch them anymore. Not quite sure why I don't go - well, part of it is that it costs a lot, and it really bothers me when people talk in the theater or a cell phone goes off (and someone actually takes a call . . . ). I watch a lot of pictures from Blockbuster Online.

Anyway - I've been wanting to see Slumdog Millionaire since well before the hype about it started. I'm a huge fan of Bollywood films, and although this is not a typical Bollywood picture, it's really a good film. I highly recommend it, and I hope that it cleans up at the Oscars.

I met my friend, R - the only person I keep in touch with from high school days, and we had a very delicious lunch at Gibson's, in Rosemont, and then went over to the Muvico 18 to see the picture. A very nice afternoon. If you order dessert at Gibson's, plan to share it - we had the Banana Cream Pie, and there was enough there for 4 people. We each had a good piece, and the rest went home with R.

Apropos of nothing, really, here are some tips for local drivers: Gas on the tollway at the Hinsdale Oasis is 20 cents a gallon cheaper than anywhere else, and the air for your tires there is FREE. Yay!

Hope you are warm, wherever you are - it's really cold again here. I just got my gas bill for the last month - it's $300. Thankfully I'm on the budget plan so that I pay $68 dollars every month all year long and then it's not such a hardship when the giant winter bills come.

Comments

Knittinggarden said…
I completely agree about Robert Downey, Jr. (love him!) and Slumdog Millionaire. I knew nothing about this movie when I went and really loved it.

Keep warm!
I'm glad that you enjoyed your movie!
The last time I went to see one was Feb 13, 2008. I agree with you about the cost factor...and the people being not so quiet. I think I would rather sit in my living room and watch a DVD. That way you can pause it when you need to and no one talks during it.
Keep knitting and stay warm!

Popular Posts