It's Always Something . . .

Thanks to everyone who enjoyed my previous post :-) Thanks very much for your kind words.

Well, it's always something, isn't it? I had my annual physical earlier this week and all the test results came back. I'm abnormally low in Vitamin D. The doc thinks this could well be why I have been so tired and not focusing too well for the past month or two.

Other friends have dealt with this - and I think it's becoming more and more common, particularly in women. And it is the middle of winter, after all - not much sunlight for the past month. Today, however, is bright and sunny, and I'm looking forward to heading up to one of my favorite places, The Fold! I signed up for a 3-class series in natural dyes. Today is Yellow, February is Red and March is Indigo. I have a little stash of yarns that I have been wanting to dye all ready to go!

But I digress ;-)

I'm to take large doses of something called Vitamin D3, which I'm sure is available at Walgreens, and if not, across the street at the health food store - and I'm to go back and be checked again in three months. I'm quite hopeful that this will help, because I'm pretty tired of not sleeping enough. It's bothersome.

I don't spend a lot of time in the sun - I'm exceptionally fair and get sunburned very easily - I've always been a huge advocate of sunscreen and a hat. And really - truth be told, I'm just not interested in looking like an old shoe any time soon, so adding this vitamin to my system seems like a good tradeoff to me. Let's hope it works!

I've worn my Two Hearts pullover twice, and I like it very much - perhaps I can get a photo on this first sunny day in forever :-) Oh! And wait until you see the "shawlette" I'm making - I'm making it as a scarf - out of sock yarn! Knitterary, you'll be interested to know that this is a way to bust the stash for real!!! These are going to make awesome gifts :-)

Speaking of Knitterary - she has given me a dispensation to find some coordinating ArtYarns Beaded Silk yarn. Linda the Chicken Lady gifted me a skein of a yarn that I have wanted for years. We were up at The Fold at least three years ago and she picked up what apparently was the last skein in the entire world of the aforementioned yarn in a colorway that we think might have been called Frog Pond. It was #158 S. I looked everywhere to see about finding a skein for myself - never had any luck at all :-( And this year, I opened my present from Linda, and there it was, nestled in pink tissue paper. Woo Hoo!!!! And I want to make one of these shawlette/scarves with it - which will entail more skeins of coordinating yarns. So I'll be looking for some today.

Oh! One MORE thing!! I just destashed a skein of Georgia Peach, which was a Sock Summit colorway from Three Irish Girls. I pre-ordered it in August (before the stash busting challenge) and it arrived in December - and I was not happy with it. Just NOT the colors that it appeared to be in the initial photo. Oh well. I put it on my Ravelry Trade/Sell page, and it went to a new home yesterday! Yay!!! I'm making progress!!

Sorry for no photos - I'm still fighting most of the time with the camera . . .

So, you see, it's always something, was going to leave you with Gilda Radner, but for some reason, Blogger is not cooperating . . . Oh, here we go - it's worth the 7 minutes to watch the late, great Gilda Radner in action.

go to www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd_syuD-N_k and remember, It's Always Something . . .

Good night my little Rosanne Rosannadanna :-D

Comments

Popular Posts