Catching Up . . .

Now that I got the old camera to work most of the time, the battery needs to be charged and I cannot find the charger anywhere in the hell of paper and crap that is passing for my office these days . . .

But, I managed to get a couple before it all went South.


Here's what I did last weekend up at
The Fold. On the left is some of my handspun, just out of a pot of Madder. I experimented with this - no mordanting. Just popped it in because I wanted it to be not quite so saturated.





Came out nice, don't you think? I have adjusted the color in this shot somewhat to capture it better. It's a sort of a coral shade. There's about 190 yards here . . . wondering what I could make with it!





And here's some steaming yarn, fresh from a pot of Lac (which is, apparently, a beetle/bug of some sort!). Down in the bottom right corner, is my blob of Lorna's Laces Helen's Lace. This one was mordanted in some sort of aluminum something or other.

I bought this yarn at the Windy City Knitting Guild's annual trip there a couple three years ago with the express purpose of dying it. The colorway was called Whisper. It was a pale pink, but the skein I got didn't seem to be all one color, and it had gotten some blue dye on it, which was why it was a mill end.



It's Raspberry now :-) I think it will make a very nice shawl (at some point :-D)









My Two Hearts sweater, which I called Abundant Hearts on Ravelry, has become my new favorite sweater.

This isn't the best photo, but it's the best one I could get before the battery incident.

It's propped up on some pillows, so it looks a little lumpy - but it fits well, and is perfect with jeans, with or without a turtleneck under. It's Briar Rose's Abundance, which is 100% Corriedale. It's really great stuff - and Chris custom dyed this for me - it's a little darker than in the photo (flash!), but the colors are quite true, nonetheless.

Well, that brings me up to date I think. There are some socks that have been languishing on the needles, while I work on some possible gift knitting that is busting my stash in a big way! And in the mean time, I've spent the last two days repotting or top dressing pretty much every plant in this house. What a job! but everything's looking happier already. All the violets, all the house plants - everyone's heaving a sigh of releaf ;-D Spring is on the way!!

Now all I have to do is find the battery charger . . .

Comments

Popular Posts