Oh Boy . . .

I've been on the stash busting wagon with Knitterary since last September. Gertrude joined us about halfway in. We've re-negotiated every four months or so, with certain dispensations and we've all appreciably cut down our yarn buying. I've been knitting pretty much exclusively from my stash all that time and it's been a really good thing :-)

For the summer months we relaxed our rules - and I have a dispensation all summer for Wollmeise (that's a whole other post . . . ) because it's so hard to acquire and I've been attempting to get enough of it to make a sweater. That hasn't stopped me, however, from attempting to just get whatever I can of the stuff :-D Still, it's not easy to come by, and I have been trading stuff, too, so not as much has come in as one might expect.

Enter The Fold's Summer Solstice Sale . . .

I wasn't even sure I was going to go, but I've been wanting to take a weekday and head up there just to sit and spin with Toni. So, Monday, when everything was 30% off seemed like the day to pick up a couple of things . . .

Yeah . . .


Mountain Colors Weaver's Wool in the Painted Stones colorway (this is one skein of the stuff - and I got two, for a sweater)




Mountain Colors Weaver's Wool in the Wild Raspberries colorway (a departure for me but it did not ring of "clown barf" somehow, and so I went for it). Yes, two skeins, for another sweater.



Cascade Greenland (also enough for a sweater)








Schoppel-Wolle's Cashmere Queen (enough for a sweater and assorted accessories)

And assorted bits of Cascade 220 for some felting projects, and a sweater's worth of Classic Elite's Renaissance (which has been discontinued :-S) also found a way into my car.

Happily, I got to spend a lovely day, spinning and chatting with people. The store was not crowded like on a Saturday, and Toni even had some time to sit and spin. Amazing how fast the time goes in the company of other crafters, isn't it? :-

So, I'm owning up to my fall from grace. And the hole in my pocketbook is substantial. Oh well - When I fall, I fall hard . . . let the sweater knitting commence!

And finally - some actual knitting content :-D I finished some socks - you might recall that I was making these for me - my first Socks That Rock socks - but my cousin, K, really fell in love with them, and since she actually WEARS the socks I knit for her, I caved and these went home with her :-) The colorway is Kaw Kaw. It was lightweight - but wow, the lightweight knits up into pretty sturdy fabric for me on 1 1/2 needles. I'll be knitting more with STR (there's plenty in the stash :-D )

Comments

Michelle said…
You don't SHOW it all, but somehow that sounds like a LOT of yarn....
A :-) said…
Um . . . yes. Yes it is. ;-)
Tammy said…
A sale? At the Fold? Next year you're going to have to give me a heads up so I can head your way, LOL!
A :-) said…
New Years Eve and Summer Solstice are usually when Toni has sales, but the STR is never on sale in case that was what you were hoping for :-)
Anonymous said…
love the stash enhancements and it's ok to fall :-)

the package should be at my Mom's sometime next week and will let you know when it arrives so I can send to you
A :-) said…
Thanks for the package update!

And Tammy - I meant New Year's Day, not New Year's Eve for one of Toni's annual sales. :-)
Amy said…
Holy Mackrel. When you go off the wagon you do one heck of a job. I love all of the colors.

Popular Posts