Moving On . . .

The Great Cleanup of 2010 continues here, although at a much slower pace. The kitchen is showing signs of promise, and I got the desk in there pretty much clear. The guest room is still a staging area . . . but I got some stuff done in there yesterday.




Before . . .








. . . and after






I also photo'd all the yarn that was lying around and am uploading it to Ravelry soon. No ride for me today - I've been very very tired for the past few weeks - just not sleeping enough I guess :-)

I became an African Violet Society of America (AVSA) Senior Judge on the 1st of October. I didn't find out until this past Thursday. It's very exciting, actually. I was a Student Judge for three years, and then an Advanced Judge for six. It's hard to believe I've been doing it that long . . . it was another life completely nine years ago. But I still have plants and I still do like them - I did a little more repotting yesterday, and you know, life just keeps moving on.

The days are going so quickly lately . . . and somehow I feel like it's not enough - like somehow I'm not enough. I think that that is just transitional thinking - the seasons change, the days are shorter, and it's natural to start to evaluate where I am and what have I accomplished in the year . . . a little introspective this morning :-)


Fall truly arrived here on Saturday - overnight. Somewhere between Friday and Saturday, fall arrived. Pardon the car photos . . . :-D The last one, I just made my wallpaper - it's the tree across the street. It's always the most beautiful one on my street.




Here is my first pair of socks made from Wollmeise. The colorway is Skandal am Rosi. They were going to be for me, but as often happens of late, they have gone to someone else :-D This time, to my friend J in Massachusetts. I liked working with the yarn, and I think that the socks came out great :-)






And here is a pair that I made for my Iona Sister, Tori. They are Kollage's Luscious yarn in the Beach Mix colorway - cotton. Not fun to work with . . . but they came out great and Tori likes them :-)

So that covers my vacation knitting - just like the mess on the middle of the guest room floor, it took me a month to get them posted :-D and thankfully the mess in the guest room is more under control :-)

On the needles now . . . a hat, multiple pairs of socks, at least three sweaters . . . so it goes :-)

Comments

Popular Posts