82:365 Yarn-O-Rama

This is one of those days when I'm happy to have a colorful hobby. Cold, wet, dreary, and I've been miserable all day with allergies (at least I hope they are allergies). I managed to get outside for all of 15 minutes today . . . thus, a sofa full of yarny goodness, a bag of pin-drafted roving and some of my new books about the fabrics, clothing and carpets of Morocco. I am a lucky girl!

And for those of you keeping score, there is some Decadently Dark Sock Yarn from a 3-month sock club I was a member of for this first quarter of the year. Some Perfect Day Yarn that I snagged in a destash (Yay - I've been wanting to try it forever!) Some Wollmeise, some Opal and some Zen Yarn Garden. And there is a substantial amount of Socks That Rock tucked in there, as well as some Tempted and some Lorna's Laces.

I hit a really good destash. I couldn't help myself . . .

Now I just need to get the stuff photo'd and uploaded to Ravelry, and then PUT AWAY. Seems to be a common theme around here lately. All my good intentions with The Great Cleanup of 2010 got a bit side-tracked. My guest room still looks quite a bit like a staging area I'm afraid. And it's been easy to ignore it because I haven't had my customary gobs of company in the past few months. Probably that's a good thing.

Saturday's the day, though - my cousin, ME is coming over again and has promised to help me get it back into functional shape. My cleaning lady will be SO surprised ;-D

Any one else feeling a little blue today with the passing of Elizabeth Taylor? I am :-(

Of course, it didn't help that I woke up this morning with allergies. The kind that turn your nose into a waterfall and make your eyes feel like they belong to someone else. REALLY? I mean, it's been above freezing for what - a WEEK? And already I'm miserable. This usually doesn't happen to me this way. I'm hoping it's not a cold. That would be exceptionally inopportune . . . I've done what I can - I tried an Allegra this morning. Worthless (that's odd), and I took a couple of red sudafed (the original - the stuff you have to show your driver's license to get now at the pharmacy) before 6 p.m. I have to take them before 6 p.m. or I won't sleep at all. I also took some Airborne (I don't care what they say, I think the stuff works!) and had some green tea, and some water . . . clearly I will be up all night anyway - peeing. :-D

Oh God - my NOSE is running again . . .

Comments

Michelle said…
You apparently caught my cold . . . and I'm afraid, my dear, that it IS a cold. I am sucking on zinc/C lozenges, which is what I find most effective.
A :-) said…
It cannot be a cold. I just won't allow it . . . Hope you feel better soonest!

Popular Posts