Coming Up for Air

Wow!

It has been a crazy couple of weeks.  I've really missed blogging.  And writing morning pages.  Work has been very busy for me lately, and I've really had a lot on my mind in general. 

Summer is fleeting.  It's August.  I weigh 230.0 pounds.  It could be worse.  It was worse.  But it's better now  :-)  I still have a chance to make my next goal at Halloween  :-)

I didn't spin for Tour de Fleece, but I did finish some Targhee that I wanted to knit socks with.  No go.  Spun fine enough for socks made the top I had very fragile.  Like I could break it apart fragile.  So, no socks for the Targhee.

I was trying to knit some mitts for the Ravellenic Games, but they are loose - I mean, I have very delicate wrists for being such a tall woman, and other mitts have fit me better, so after one pattern repeat, I'm frogging these and moving on to my St. Brigid sweater.

Yes, pick your lips up off the floor.  You heard me right.  I'm pulling out my St. Brigid right after I put my Lendrum away.  It's time for it to rest in its bag, out of the sunroom for awhile.  I have been slowing moving things out of the sunroom - both the looms are now in the basement, and now that I finished spinning that Targhee, the folding Lendrum is being put away.  My cleaning lady isn't going to know what to do when she's actually able to CLEAN in the sunroom again  ;-D

It was getting to be just too cluttered in there.  I still have more work to do putting things away and divesting myself of stuff, but it's already feeling much more serene again.

Here's the Targhee - 317 yards, pretty much fingering weight.

Targhee

I did succeed in one Ravellenic Games event - the Frogging Trampoline . . .

This was my almost completed Augusta Cardigan:

Oban Cardi 05

This is the one where I ran out of the yarn and had to send to Scotland to get more.  It still needed a button band.  I had made the arms 1 inch longer because I have really long arms, and the sleeves ended up having to be cuffed twice.  That would have been relatively easy to fix, except for that I am smaller now than when I started it. 

There really wasn't anything I could do that didn't require substantial frogging and redesign of the entire shoulder area . . . and since this is a very crunchy wool - better suited to a lined jacket than a sweater, I decided to do this:

Augusta After

Yup, really.

That's about all the news around this joint - my podcast, All About African Violets, is heading into its 6th week.  I'm starting to find a better rhythm (most of the time :-D) and I'm building an audience.  Yay!  I have lots of fans in Serbia.  Who knew?!  I am happy to have them!!

What's on your needles?

Comments

Linda said…
I have succumbed to the masses and am making a Color Affection shawl. The first color combo wasn't very good so I ripped it out, too. This second one (which was my original color choice, BTW, until I "crowd-sourced" it was persuaded to change it) is working much better for me! I also have a flow tank still on the needles; it's about 75% done, but I have to figure out if I really want to modify the front to be more of a scoop neck...and if I need to do some short rows to better fit me.

It takes courage to rip when you know that the sweater won't work. You did the right thing.

Popular Posts