184:365 Finished . . .

185_365.070413


You saw this yarn on January 1st! It was part of a kit - the Gypsy Scarf Kit by Blue Moon Fiber Arts. I bought it at The Fold as part of their New Year's Day sale - I've never seen another one like it.

Three yarns knit together - made what is commonly called a "fashion scarf." Narrow, and short - still it's pretty and I like it very much :-) The colorway was called X-mas Rock.

I knit this up today - just needed to actually accomplish something.
 
So - thought you might also like to see part of the process - as mentioned, I've never seen this kit before, and I have to say that I wonder if that's because of what a nightmare it was to wind the yarn.  Three separate yarns - nylon ribbon, nylon novelty and rayon boucle. 
 
 
Gypsy 01
 
 I put it on the swift . . .

 
Gypsy 02
 
 
. . . but I wound it into a ball by hand.  I got pretty far, but I did end up having to break the yarns at one point and wound a second, smaller ball.  It wasn't bad to knit, though.  12 stitches in seed stitch on size 15 needles.
 
Gypsy 03

It's a little short - and I suppose it qualifies as a novelty fashion scarf - but I have to say that I really like it  :-D


Comments

candy said…
Pretty but is it itchy?

Popular Posts