Once More, With Feeling . . .

It's November.  October is gone.

I've spent the past couple of weeks attempting to figure things out for myself.  Truth be told, I do this a lot.  I always have.

Spring Forward - Fall Back.  I like it when Standard time returns in the fall, and I wish it did it sooner like it used to.  But it happens now in November.  Today. So the clock says a quarter to eight, when it's really now a quarter to seven.

It's kind of like a do-over.

I went back to Weight Watchers yesterday.  I'm a Lifetime Member not at goal.  I know this program works - when I work the program.  When I start to get off on "customizing" stuff, that's when I get in trouble.  And so, since I find myself - once again - in a place of beginning, I figured I might as well begin again with something I know is going to work.

Alrighty then.

I'm going to a meeting early on Saturday morning a couple of towns over.  I'm not attempting to hide from anyone and there is a center much closer to me, but the leader I started with downtown back when I could run across the river to the Holiday Inn at lunchtime on Wednesdays (that meeting's been gone for a very long time . . . ) has the Saturday morning meetings at this center.  

I did Weight Watchers back in the 80s.  I was very successful with it, and I lost 50 pounds.  I became a leader. A very successful one.  My meetings were extremely well attended.  It was a great part-time job and it helped to keep me focused - and very close to my goal weight. 

I never really learned Maintenance, however, nor got it through my head that I could not go backwards with what I was eating, and that has been the crux of my continued struggle for the past 30 years in one form or another.

So this is the path I've chosen - and I'm going to chronicle it here as I do with many things.  On Ravelry there is a Weight Watchers board.  It's a bit quiet now, but years ago there seemed to be a preponderance of people asking for information that the rest of us were paying for by attending meetings, which I found supremely irritating.  There was also a very vocal group of whiners with countless excuses.  But there was one member who chose that board to chronicle her journey.

Every week she posted an update for many, many weeks.  I found them uplifting and very honest.  She is still there off and on.  She has not made it to goal (although she's dropped about 120 pounds), but still keeps going.  I admire that, and because I did find her updates so helpful at that point in my own journey, I'm going to do something similar here in the hope that it will help me, and maybe help someone else in the process.  You know what they say - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  :-)

So, there will be a weekly update post here, on Saturday or Sunday.

I'll leave you with this - as I do most years around this time.  Pardon me while I go and change the clocks to start my do-over . . .


Comments

Michelle said…
Failure is when you stop getting back up and trying again. Good for you; I'm your cheerleader!
A :-) said…
Thanks Michelle :-)

Popular Posts