Ten on Tuesday . . .

The more recent topics have not been of interest to me, but today's topic is:

10 Songs about Where You Live

You know I cannot pass that up  :-D

The Superbowl Shuffle - still awfully fun to watch and remember.



Go Cubs Go - by the late and seriously wonderful Steve Goodman.



Lincoln Park Pirates - also Steve Goodman.  Lincoln Park is a very crowded north side neighborhood.


Let's Go, Go Go White Sox - the Sox fight song


And of course, Bear Down Chicago Bears!



Lake Shore Drive - Alliota Haynes & Jeremiah - there really is nothing else like it . . .



Sweet Home Chicago - Buddy Guy, Eric Clapton, Johnny Winter, et al.



Chicago - everyone knows this one  :-)



My Kind of Town (Chicago is), and everyone knows this one, too!


I'm Coming Home - this song is not actually about Chicago - it's about going home to Southern Illinois, but it's by Big Twist & The Mellow Fellows.  Twist is long gone now (he was only 53 when he passed), and one of my oldest friend's cousin, the late Pete Special (he died two years ago and was only 62) is the lead guitarist.  I believe that's Daddy G (Gene Barge) on the sax solo at the end. One of my all-time favorite bands and I never tire of hearing them.  True Chicago blues at its finest.  


The Sweet Sound of Rhythm & Blues - Here's an extra from Twist for you  :-)  Pete Special wrote this one.





Comments

Popular Posts