The Sunday Wrap-Up . . .

Shopping was great fun yesterday.  I was glad to be out of the house.  I had planned to go to the club today with my cousin, but I'm much more tired today than I thought I would be, and so, once again, it's a jams day here.  I have a lot of meat to use the FoodSaver on and freeze.  They thought I was having a party when I checked out at the store yesterday  :-D  I can freeze things in individual servings, which is great when things are on sale or look particularly good.

PT has been going well this week - there was a breakthrough on Monday, and I'm making progress.  Today I am much more stiff than I have been - I think my shoulder is going to be my new weather barometer  :-)  We had bad storms this morning which means that the barometric pressure dropped.  I had a hard time doing my "wall washes" this morning for PT.  But i did them, and now I have just completed my mid-day PT consisting of all my table stretches.  I'll ice as soon as I finish this post  :-)

I've hit the 10,000 step mark on my Fitbit six days this week, with today being my rest day.  This is a big accomplishment for me  :-)  I do plan to get back to the club with my trainer on Tuesday morning.  There are things we can do that don't involve my right arm, and I can tell I need some core work and some work on my quads.

I haven't been able to spin at all during Tour de Fleece this year.  I'm sad about that, but so it goes.  I'll spin after my shoulder and arm get a little stronger.  I have also had to cut way back on my knitting.  You wouldn't think that it would aggravate my shoulder, but I find that I'm often in more pain on the day after having knit.  I did pick up The Big Easy Gansey yesterday and picked up the stitches for the first sleeve.


I will see about getting through the first pattern repeat and then leave it for another day.  The trick seems to be to not knit for hours on end  :-)

I have not mentioned my budget much recently - truth be told, I haven't been keeping as tight a handle on it - but I have not touched my other account, and that was the entire point of the budget.  Even with the added medical bills and some concrete work on my patio, I've managing to keep things going.  So Yay Me!  :-D

Something I have learned about myself in the last year has come around again:

It sometimes takes me more than one try to move forward.  

And perhaps even more importantly:

It does NOT mean that I have failed if I don't get it right the first time.

It took me a couple of tries to know for sure that my podcast was really done - and people still tell me how much they miss it.  It's taken me many tries where food and exercise are concerned, and it's looking like it's taking me another try to get my food and exercise right now that it's critical to my life that I do so.  And so, another try to release all the reasons I mean excuses I've clung to in the past.  I think this time is the charm, however.  The Strict Program for Three Months was the solution to a minor cholesterol issue a few years ago, and now, it appears that a slightly modified version of it is going to be critical in my fight against inflammation.

And, of course, eating well will certainly help the size of my ass.  Michelle at Boulderneigh is a vegetarian and she's cheering me on.  And I cheer for her as she navigates her extremely busy life.  And Kristyn at Crazy Knitting Fool is looking at major changes in her life.  She's at a liminal place, too, and I have some understanding of those places - I mean, here I am at another in my own life.  So I'm cheering her on.  We are all different - Michelle lives on a small ranch in Portland and Kristyn in suburban Detroit.  I am older, they are younger.  They both have husbands and sons, but we are all on our paths - striving to move forward in our respective lives.

I believe that cheering each other - holding space for each other - makes us stronger women in our own right.  What does holding space mean?  Blogger Heather Plett defines it thus:
"It means that we are willing to walk alongside another person in whatever journey they’re on without judging them, making them feel inadequate, trying to fix them, or trying to impact the outcome. When we hold space for other people, we open our hearts, offer unconditional support, and let go of judgement [sic] and control."
And so my readers and friends near and far, I am holding space for you on your journeys, and share these words from Tree of Life Inspirations with you once again:

I believe in you as you
step forward in your life.
I'm inspired by you for 
keeping your dream alight . . .
for facing the challenge
and achieving your goals.
I'm proud of you as I watch 
the bright light of your spirit
embrace the world.

And we all need a fight song - so take your pick  :-)   Here is one of mine (you get to have more than one, you know ;-) ), shared before but always worth another listen  . . .



 And if you need to hear the lyrics again  . . .


Onward . . .

Comments

Thank you so much for the encouragement! And I love that song.
A :-) said…
You are most welcome - great things are coming in your life :-)

Popular Posts