New Year, New Look . . .

Here we are, headed into the second week of the new year and I have decided to redecorate - both here on the blog, and also my body  :-)

I don't generally make resolutions -  I've learned over the years that they usually set me up to fail.  I operate more in the world of intentions and goals, which, to me are not the same as resolutions.

As I do most years, I have some things I would like to get accomplished this year, but my main focus is going to be on my health and wellness.  When you take a good, hard look in the mirror and don't care so much for what you see . . . well, let's just say that I am the only person who can make the changes necessary to care for my body in this next decade of my life.

I was greatly affected by the unexpected death of Carrie Fisher, probably because we were contemporaries.  Her death and the serious illnesses of a number of my friends have made me realize just how lucky I actually am. 

And so, since I would like to maintain my active lifestyle for as long as humanly possible, I've got plans in place both for eating better, and for exercise.  I sit in an office all day long . . . Yeah, not great.

I think the other reason I feel like I can finally catch myself up, is that I just now - after 2+ years of weird health shit - have begun to feel whole again.  So I decree that 2017 is all about me.  You might want to make it all about you  :-)  I think it's going to be an awesome ride - I hope you'll come along with me  :-)

In other news . . . a year after his death, David Bowie released another song yesterday.  It's called No Plan, and it has the same heart-breaking quality of Where Are We Now?






Comments

candy said…
I like your new design as well as your plans for yourself.
Michelle said…
Of COURSE I'm coming along for the ride! :-D
Anonymous said…
Every day is a new day and a new opportunity to improve ourselves. I, too, have given up making resolutions. It is much easier to attain goals if I work at it a little bit at a time. The tortoise won the race, remember. :)

Janice H.

Popular Posts