Busy and Stressed

I absolutely did not mean to be away from here this long.  As I've said many times before, time just seems to get way from me.  That, coupled with an extremely busy time at work are what have kept me from sitting down at the page here.

But today, the second load of laundry is in, and I've already fallen asleep in the chair for an hour (seriously - I'm turning in to my mom . . . :-D ), so I am making the time to post.  And now that I'm sitting here, I don't even know where to start.  I mean, what's the short story of my wild and wacky life since mid-September?  Do I tell you about something recent like the $9,000 day or do I go back to my trip to NYC where I managed to book what must surely be the only hotel without room service in all of Midtown? Do I attempt a recap of the past weeks or do I simply tell you that I've been listening to Christmas music since September as a way to cope with stress?

I know my last post was awfully long, so I won't subject you to another novel - so maybe that's a good place to start - KISS - Keep it Simple, Stupid. Except that you know I'm going to relanguage that, don't you? Of course you do :-D

So, can you Keep it Short, Sweetheart?

I have no idea - but the Love Songs playlist on iTunes rolled up so I guess we'll see.  Whatever rolls off the keys will at least have good musical accompaniment.

We are definitely in to autumn here in Chicagoland.  I've had to start wearing my winter coat, and the trees that were not early adopters are now pretty much a riot of color everywhere I go.  It's the most beautiful time of the year here.  This first was in the morning sun on my way to the train one day.


And this is my neighbor's tree.

See what I mean? 

I still walk outside when I can - mostly around the retention pond where I chase this guy.


And by chase, I mean that I usually come upon him at the middle side pond on the south end of the loop, whereupon he takes off and flies over the retention pond, where I see him again, and where he flies off again - usually back to the side-pond, I think.  In any case, I never can get very close to him before he flies off.  It doesn't stop me from trying.  This is about as good as it gets with the camera in my iPhone.

And so, many of my days have been a bit mundane - I mean, how often does anyone want to write about how busy and stressful work has been and how uselessly tired they are by the time they get home?  And really, who wants to read that?  We'll just stipulate to both those things, OK?  Busy and stressed. 

Onward . . .

I promise I won't stay away so long, and since the Love Songs playlist is playing I'll leave you with a good one, because whether or not you're in love at the moment, who doesn't love a good love song?

:-)






Comments

Michelle said…
That heron shot is really very lovely when biggified, with the extended wings and the shadow on the water. I think I owe you an email....
A :-) said…
Thank you! And you know I'll love to hear from you when you have time - I kinda think you've been as busy as I have. :-)

Popular Posts