Once in a Lifetime . . .

Last night I had one of those "once in a lifetime" moments.  My young cousin and I met in the city, had dinner upstairs at The Italian Village, and then went to hear Hillary Clinton live.

I don't even know how to tell you how amazing it was to hear her speak.  Seriously - I don't even know where to start, so I'm going to share my cousin's words about it with you:
Every now and then we get to experience something that we know will be filed away in those memories that you will remember clear as day, for the rest of your life. Last night, I lived one of those. To see a person gracefully and intelligently explain something what I cannot describe as anything else but a shit show, was simply amazing. For that person to be a woman, still standing tall and proud, makes it even more relatable for me. A woman who addressed an auditorium full of people, telling them to unite, find empathy within us, fearlessly face the challenges of this country and to "get in the arena." A woman who spoke openly about faults, shortcomings, who had been knocked down, yet got right back up and kept moving forward - in the public, mudslinging eye. A woman who told us that it is her hope that we will live in a kind and accepting world. I could go on and on. It was an evening full of strength, inspiration, and unity. And I will certainly never forget it. We wont shut up. We won't stop. There will be no silencing our voices, or opinions, our fight for what is right, and against what is wrong. It's only just begun. And if this world will ever be one we can be proud, that our children will be safe, happy, and thriving in......then we have got some work to do. A lot of work. Thank you, Adrienne. I'll never forget that evening! #PayAttention #StillWithHer #NastyWoman #HRC #GetInTheArena #WonderWoman
These are the words of a young mom.  She is aware in her world and she pays attention.  She and her friends are always choosing life and love - I witness them choosing kindness and hope day after day and it makes my heart spark with joy and hope for the future of our country.  They are the ones who will continue to make a difference long after the rest of us are gone.  

If you have the opportunity, go.  Go and hear Hillary.  You won't be sorry.

As we head in to Samhain on this All Hallows Eve, we are at the Celtic New Year. Lughnasadh  (harvest) is over, and we are about mid-way between the summer solstice and the winter solstice.  It's a liminal place - a time when the veil between the worlds is thinner.  Samhain brings that drawing in of the spirit - for me, it's always time to percolate.  To think about things and to take time to restore my spirit - and oh boy do I need that now . . . 


The potato is long gone, but if you click on the Samhain link, above, you'll see the story of the potato and of my potato rock, which is still very much here, cool and smooth in my hand  :-)

Two favorites for this time of year - both from Loreena McKennitt.




Comments

Popular Posts