As Fast as I Can . . .

As in:  I'm going . . .

A predictable pattern, I'm afraid, but time just keeps getting away from me.  Once again it's been nearly a month since I've posted.  No real excuse . . . I did spend a week out of town during this time, visiting J., and that was great  :-)

But, other than that, I've just been working and trying to get myself caught back up.  My suitcase is still on the guest room floor.  I managed to get laundry done when I got back, but there is other stuff still to be put away . . .

This was a good Saturday in many ways.  I spent a lot of it in my chair catching up on shows I've DVR'd and working on some socks.  When I and the other Friendly Mods disbanded the YOSS group on Ravelry, I really needed a break from socks.  That was two years ago now.  These are the first socks I've cast on in all that time!  I was reminded by one of my friends that I had promised to knit her some socks.   Ahem.  Time to get cracking.  And since she reads this blog, that's all I'm going to say about that  :-D

But I have been working on a number of other projects.

Here is my Reyna Shawl (Rav link). 


The yarn is a double skein of sock yarn that I got at Stitches Midwest in 2009.  Eek!  It's a no-brand, double skein of New Zealand superwash sock yarn.  The colors reminded me of fall.  I'm actually adding an additional lace section on because I believe I have enough yarn and because it seems awfully short where it was.

And speaking of 2009 . . . one of the things I'm doing in 2019 is what is called "Cold Sheep."  It means that I'm going to knit only from my stash in 2019.  Seriously this time.  My yarn acquisition has definitely slowed in recent years, but I still have an awful lot of it.  I'm not rejoining the Socks That Rock sock club for 2019.  I have enough of pretty much everything - and so I'm going to see if I can do this in 2019. 

Here is the Architexture scar (Rav link) I'm working on. 


Three skeins of STR from my stash. The color's a little off - it's black, a greyish blue and the lighter blue.  It's hard to see how cool it is until it's blocked,  I think.

This is a recent purchase, from Stitches Midwest this year.  It's a gradient set.  I also purchased some similar skeins recently from Show Me Yarns.  I'm usually not one for paler colors, but these really called to me.  They will become a shawl - I just don't know yet which one.


There's more stuff to share, but, for now, I'll leave you with some old Bowie.




Comments

Michelle said…
Lots of knitting in Chicagoland; all I've been doing for months is spinning on my spindles. One of these days I'm going to have to start USING yarn!
A :-) said…
I'm about to "toss the stash" to see what I really need/want and what I can put on my trade/sell page. As mentioned, I'm seriously considering going Cold Sheep in 2019.

I love seeing how much you get done on your spindles!

Popular Posts