Catching a Break?

As in:  Could I catch one???

On the surface, it would appear not - but I'm re-languaging that.  I have had a break this past week . . .

After my post last Saturday, I was going great guns on Sunday.  I got most of the deck furniture apart and stowed back in the garage.  And I decided that I should dead-head the mums in the baskets back there.  So, I went back through the house, out the front door, off the porch toward the open garage to get the clippers. . . and caught a stone that shouldn't have been there. 

I was on the ground before I even knew what happened.  Seriously.  It was really fast.  I remember thinking, "I'm on the ground . . . how did I get here?"

Once again, it could have been worse.  I didn't break anything, but I did twist my ankle and my knee swelled up to gargantuan proportions.  No more clogs for me for outdoor work.  By Monday, the swelling had decreased, but my stomach just wasn't feeling all that great and my ankle hurt, so I decided to give myself a day at home.  Went back to work on Tuesday, even though I was still achy and still didn't feel all that great.  I skipped Tai Chi that night.  By Wednesday, my ankle seemed fine, but my stomach was still bothering me.

By the time I got home on Wednesday night, what I thought was a wonky stomach was feeling a whole lot more like I had another kidney stone. 

Long story short is that I did not have a stone.  But after seven hours in the ER, another CT scan, assorted blood work, and peeing in a cup, the verdict was that I had a kidney infection.  I was given the option of spending a night in the hospital or going home.  I opted for going home.  They decided to give me a dose of antibiotics through my IV before I left.  I went to the all night Walgreens and got a prescription before I went home at 2 in the morning, and I spent Thursday and Friday laid low.

They described it to me as a UTI that went up.  I never had any UTI symptoms.  I'm on what seem to be a pretty strong dose of something called Keflex and will be through Wednesday.  Today is the first day I have felt like myself again.  So I definitely had a break from work even if I wasn't feeling all that great. 

The good news is that I finished two projects so I have some FO's to share!  Yay Me!





On the left is Architexture, and on the right is Reyna.  This is the final time I'll be blocking on the floor of my guest room.  I sprang for some 6-foot tables that I'm going to put downstairs in the basement.  It will be a whole lot easier to put blocking wires in when I'm not bent over  :-D 

I wanted to complete the finish work on my Shwook Fair Isle hat, but I cannot find it.  Seriously -  I have no idea where it is and that's bothering me.  I know I'll find it eventually, but I was on a roll to do finish work last night.  Oh well.

That's the update from The Third Coast today  :-)  I've been listening to the Buckinghams again all morning . . .


Comments

Michelle said…
Well, I'm glad it wasn't another stone and that they caught the infection so it could be treated!
A :-) said…
I was feeling good about that until Thursday . . .

Popular Posts