A Wonderful Surprise

What a wonderful February 1st. In case you missed it, it snowed here today. A Really Lot. I actually called the work emergency line this morning, but it said, "the Chicago office is open." So, I got myself together, in wind gear and my hiking boots and set out for the train.

Thankfully it had to warm up to snow, so it wasn't really cold, but there was close to a foot of snow on the ground. Just getting down the driveway into the street so I could get to the train was challenging. And it was still snowing.

All day I was thinking about having to get the snowblower out tonight, and as much fun as it is (it really is), I was tired today. It's been a long week, and I just wanted to get home and get inside and put my jams on and watch last night's episode of Lost on the TiVo.

So, I'm walking down my street - in the street because hardly anyone shovels their walks (which is irritating), and I get to Old Mr. C's house, and his sidewalk was done! And my new neighbors' walk was done! So, I got out of the street and on to the sidewalk, and I was thinking, "Wow! I wonder if this goes all the way to my house?" And guess what!! It Did!! I was SO happy.

"Hot Dog! Someone did my sidewalk!! Now I only have to do my driveway!!"

I got about halfway across my sidewalk, and looked at the snow on the front lawn . . . "Hmmmm, some snow must have fallen off the tree for it to look like that," I thought . . .

You can only imagine my joy when I realized that whoever did my sidewalk did my ENTIRE DRIVEWAY!!!! Picture tall, roundy shaped woman doing the Happy Dance all the way up the driveway to the garage.

I have a really wide, really long driveway (which is why I sprang for the snowblower this year). For someone to do my driveway was such a beautiful thing. Whoever you are, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!! You just got a TON of good karma.

One of my wonderful neighbors, is the likely samaritan, and eventually I will find out and hopefully be able to do something nice for them - but perhaps it was just a random act of kindness, done by someone I don't know. It makes me think of the Pay It Forward exchange (there is still room if you want to participate :-) ), and random acts of kindness.

Wherever you are - Whoever you are: thank you for your kindness and thoughtfulness. I am so very grateful.

Comments

Yarnsnob said…
That was the cooliest kindest thing ever. Since you desire to use your new toy, wanna do my neighborhood?
Michelle said…
What a wonderful thing for someone to do, and I'll bet they were doing the happy dance, too, knowing how many people they surprised and delightedl

Tell me you weren't anywhere near that Lane Bryant store, please.
A :-) said…
No - I was not near that store. Thank you for your concern. What a horrible thing . . .

Popular Posts