What a Day This Has Been . . .

What a rare mood I'm in. . . :-)

Points to whoever tells me what that is and where it's from.
Today is nearly over and I will get in the car early to head to St. Louis for The Loopy Ewe Spring Fling. Seems like forever ago that I got a spot and signed up, and here it is. I'll bring back a full report.

In the mean time, here's the tree - it's far more impressive than this photo would have you believe, so I'll give you a close up, too. And it smells heavenly.

My cousin came over here tonight because today is my birthday. She brought Thai food and a bottle of wine, and it was a lovely ending to this 23rd day of April. All day long, people at work and on Ravelry (some people I don't even KNOW on Ravelry) have been wishing me happy wishes, and at work it was "staff appreciation day." Well, I qualify as staff, so it was like celebrating all day long - a breakfast, a new backpack, ice cream in the afternoon, and then the department I work in had cake for me! Cake, I say!! My favorite thing!! With lots of icing!! :-D All day long people wished me happy birthday, and for some reason, this just made me feel like a million bucks.

Here are my birthday flowers from my Aunt. She's pretty old school, so it's an orchid corsage, but they are lovely and I wore them all evening, and then I sent them home with my cousin :-)

Here's a look at the Lorna's Laces Somerset that I mentioned last post. It spins up quite nicely in worsted weight - it's not soft though. I don't actually know what type of wool it is - it just said 100% wool top, so I think it's probably a blend. It's definitely for outerwear. My main error here was tying my quarter ties too tight - this yarn bloomed substantially when I finished it. There's a little under 200 yards here.

And here is the Gypsy Girl Creations yarn. I'm not as happy with this - although I think it will knit up better than it looks in this photo. It's a little muddy looking to me.

That's the update from The Third Coast tonight - I'm off to pack the suitcase and hit the hay :-)

What a day this has been, what a rare mood I'm in . . . :-)

Thank you to everyone who made this a fabulous, happy day for me!

Comments

Your tree is magnificant! I want to wish you a belated happy birthday! From what I read you had a nice one!
Enjoy the Loopy Ewe Spring Fling. You will have to tell us all about it when you return!.
Your spun yarn is beautiful. Soft or not I can imagine spinning it from a clump of wool! It's amazing...you need to put a before picture beside the finished yarn picture to get the full effect for those of us that don't spin!
Michelle said…
I feel bad that I didn't know it was your birthday yesterday - you and Valentine's twins (well, I knew it was THEIR birthday!). :-) I'm glad it was so nice; you deserved it. I hope your Fling is fun, too.

BTW, I LOVE the Gypsy Girl Creations; the other colorway doesn't thrill me.

Popular Posts