I have finally figured out how to get the photos uploaded from my camera again - the high speed USB port still isn't working, but the old ones in the back of the laptop are, so although it's only one photo at a time, I still got them uploaded. I also updated my Ravelry pages today - both stash and projects, so I'm feeling a little righteous ;-)
Here's a look at what's been going on this summer! Yes, my sock mojo is back! I attribute this to Knifty Red's Cable Lagoon socks. No, I haven't made them yet, but I want to, so these Yukon Leaves socks had to get finished. They are made with Yarn Love's Scarlet O'Hara, which is a bamboo blend, purchased at The Loopy Ewe. I learned that I don't care for bamboo as a fiber to knit with, which is probably why, subconsciously I never cast on for the Country Girl Socks in my DIY Sock Club. That yarn was Bamboolaine. I'm skipping that pattern and the Bamboolaine is going in my Trade/Sell stuff on Ravelry. These socks are a gift for one of my friends, and I have socks on the needles now for her husband - they have graciously invited me for a weekend in Wisconsin at the end of the month, and I thought socks would make a good hostess present :-) Once those are done, Cable Lagoon, here I come!
Next is a Diamond Beaded Bracelet that I made at the Lucy Neatby workshop I attended in June through the Windy City Knitting Guild. I like it alot and it looks good on my wrist! This bracelet was made with Perle Cotton #8 and green seed beads on 0000 needles. Yes, you read that correctly: 0000. And Hot Dog! thanks to my SnB buddy B, I actually had a set of 0000 Addi Turbo double points! I got them in the Holiday gift exchange at SnB. I was happy to not have get them special for the workshop.
Next up is the Lucy Bag! I was looking for ways to use up some Cascade 220 that I bought on a whim for sweater and then thought better of it . . . this took 2 skeins (I cut the long strap a couple rows short) and it knit up very quickly. It also felted very well with only two times through the washer, and did not release tons of lint/fuzz into the pillowcase. This is likely destined to be a holiday present ;-)
I thought it might be interesting to see a project from start to finish. I started with roving from JWrayco in the Thai Lantern colorway, about 7 or 8 ounces of it. I spun it up into what I had planned to be worsted weight, but what came out more like bulky weight. I made a modified Irish Hiking Scarf (shown blocking in the photo), and with the leftovers, I made thumbless Fetching mitts (which are quite dark because they are wet still). The color on the scarf is quite true. The scarf was done on size 10 needles to get a fabric with some drape, and the mitts were done on 6's to make them quite dense. I like both the finished results!
Last but certainly not least - I don't think I posted about this before, but if I did, please forgive me. This is a scarf that I wove for my friend, Linda's (the Chicken Lady!) birthday. I made this on my rectangular continuous strand loom. Black yarn is worsted weight Lamb's Pride variegated, and the stripe is something that Judith McKenzie McCuin calls "Wolf Yarn." It's a mohair boucle that I made in class with her earlier this year at the Missouri Fiber Retreat in Jefferson City, Missouri. It is edged in single crochet because the rectangles are woven on the bias and it helps keep them a little more stable. I enjoyed this project - and Linda seems to like it :-)
I think that about catches me up. I'm looking forward to next weekend and Midwest Fiber & Folk Art Fair. I highly recommend this fair, and if you're anywhere within a couplethree hours of Crystal Lake, Illinois next weekend it's well worth the drive and I really encourage you to attend on one of the days. As I've mentioned before, we really don't have a lot of fiber events in Illinois, so show your support, people!