New Year's Eve Eve . . .

It's been a week of fun things in the mail, Chez A :-)

Today, a little box arrived . . . my bead spinner! Hot Dog! This means that the Shipwreck Shawl is somewhere in my future in 2011. I have wanted one of these since I saw one at the Midwest Fiber & Folk Art Fair in July. I don't know why I didn't get one right then . . . but I didn't. I got this one off Amazon.

On Monday, a box arrived from Land's End - cargo pants for my upcoming trip to Egypt, and a couple of new turtle necks.

On Tuesday, some DVDs of The Omega Factor, an old British SciFi series arrived.

Yesterday, at work, my new DVD player arrived! Yay! My old one finally bit it over the holiday weekend when I was attempting to watch My Name is Khan. Bummer. So, since I needed a multi-region player, I headed out to eBay, which is where the old one came from. It was at least 9 years old, so I don't feel too bad about getting a new one.

And yesterday, when I got home, a little box was waiting for me. . . it was from my friend, Michelle at Boulderneigh. She was worried that since The Great Cleanup of 2010, I might not have a place for it. She was wrong. That sweet lamb with the hat and Wellies on! Her name is Heather, and Michelle says that she is the same color as her ewe Rechel was - the one whose fleece Michelle gifted to me (I made socks for her with it). So Heather is on the shelf in my office - next to my Buddha, my Christmas ewe, and my V for African violets, and in front of an awesome photo of my mom holding me on the porch of the house in Riverdale. All my important stuff is on that shelf. :-) Thank you Michelle :-)

Comments

Darth Knitter said…
Hey! I'm planning on making Shipwreck this year - don't start without me, LOL!
Michelle said…
Oh, I'm so glad it arrived quickly and you have a place for it! Heather isn't as special as handspun, handknit socks, but hopefully she'll remind you of your sheepy knitting friend in the wet Willamette Valley. :-)

Popular Posts