Struggling

Why is it that sometimes it's harder?

I'm struggling with food right now.  Just when I think I have turned a corner, I find myself back in old patterns. 

I am reminded of a story that Dr. Wayne Dyer tells in his most recent PBS special, about a woman who was describing her process.  She said something similar to this:

I walk down the street and I fall in a hole.  It takes me a year to get out.
I walk down the street and I fall in a hole.  It takes me months to get out
I walk down the street and I fall in a hole.  It takes me months to get out 
I walk down the street and I fall in a hole.  It takes me a week to get out.
I wald down the street and I fall in a hole.  It takes me weeks to get out.
I walk down the street and I fall in a hole.  I get out.
I walk down the street and I fall in a hole.  I get out
I walk down the street and I avoid the hole.
I walk down the street and I avoid the hole.
I walk down a different street.

Morning pages were on the docket this morning.  Yay me  :-)  And there is a piping lesson tonight.  Yay me.  And now, it's time to look at my day and get cracking.

I walk down the street . . .

Comments

I am struggling right along with you. Here's to hoping that we can both bust through these issues.
A :-) said…
Krysten - yes. Just keep moving forward :-) We can cheer each other along!

Popular Posts