Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Neverending Story . . .

Oh. My. God.

No, it's still not done . . .

 I washed the kitchen curtains (OxyClean for the win!)  They were still drying here, but they look like new again  :-)

The kitchen is pretty much done and the shelves have undergone a serious transformation . . .  You can't see the completely full third shelf, but you can get a pretty good idea (and you can tell how . . . um . . . grey . . . the kitchen curtains were.  Eeeuuw!).  So - from this . . .

 To this:

 The sunroom has gone from this:

To this.  The space will be primed and the new cabinets in tomorrow.  Cross your fingers.  (You can see some of the "before" kitchen shelves in this photo, too.)  The painter will paint this room completely over the weekend.

 Last time you saw the bathroom, it was gutted to the studs.  At the moment, it looks like this:

And this:

There is water in the tub to keep any other workmen from using the faucet or standing in it.  The tile and grout are not sealed yet, and the shower glass is not in yet.  Tomorrow the vanity should be done and the rest of the backsplash should also be done.

I'm not even going to show you the living room and dining room because although I managed to get the sofa cleared off (which means that I got the front hall closet put back together - well, mostly put back together), the dining room is now full of plants and stuff from the sunroom because the painter is coming this weekend to paint in there.

The hall's done, though  :-)

There is light at the end of the tunnel.  My amazing and wonderful cleaning lady will be coming early tomorrow morning, and she should be able to get the sunroom pretty clean, and also the guest room, my room, and the guest bath, as well as the kitchen.  The rest (my office and the living and dining rooms) she's going to have to come back for next time - and I'm getting a quote on having the windows washed.

That's the update from The Third Coast.  I realized today that this work started on February 2nd, so it's been chaos and dust here for two and a half months.  My hair is standing on end more than usual.  I love everything that's happening - I just wish it would have happened a little faster  :-D


Michelle said...

Oy. I guess a full-time job is a good thing; gets you out of the house most of five days a week!

A :-) said...

It's wild, Michelle. Today is the last really big push day, though. At least I think it is :-)