Ted Yoder . . .

It's been a very eventful week and I have lots to share, but I think it will be a Monday wrap-up, because I have to share some amazing and wonderful news with you about my friend and former teacher, Ted Yoder.  If you are on Facebook, you could scarcely avoid seeing his video this week.  He broke the Internet with it and Huffpost wrote about him! 

Why We Love the Dulcimer-Playing Dad, His Pet Raccoon and that Tears for Fears Song

 At this writing - he's had more than 42 MILLION views of his Tears for Fears Everybody Wants to Rule the World post on Facebook, and close to 1 million shares.  Here's his Facebook Page if you'd like to follow him - and here's his blog, and here's his wife Donna's blog (she doesn't post all that often, but she always has good things to say).

Here's his YouTube Channel.

Believe me, this could not happen to a nicer guy.

In 2011, I decided that I wanted to learn to play the hammered dulcimer.  Here is what I wrote back then:
And, as has happened many times before for me, when the student is ready, the teacher appears. This time, it's Ted Yoder . . . Do you want to hear some dulcimer like you've never heard before? Click on the bottom of that page and click the forward arrow until you see All Creatures of Our God and King. Click Play and prepare to be amazed. I would lay money that it's unlike anything you have ever heard before. Go on, CLICK. Trust me :-)
Long story short, learning the dulcimer didn't work out so well for me - it was an instrument that I had trouble with even though Ted is a wonderful teacher (I think my brain couldn't wrap itself around playing melody with the left hand).  I ultimately decided to go back to my pipes, but have followed Ted and his music ever since. 

If you were a viewer of my former podcast, All About African Violets, you heard Ted every single week.  He was the musical sponsor of my podcast and graciously allowed me to use his Moon on the Water as my show's theme.  Here he is playing it live:


I hope that more really wonderful things happen for Ted (and his family).  Seriously, it could not happen to nicer guy  :-)

You can buy his CDs on his website and his music is also available on iTunes.

So thrilled that I can say, "I knew him when." 

Go Ted!!!

Comments

Michelle said…
Now I'm a YouTube subscriber; thanks!
A :-) said…
Yay!! I'm so happy for him that he's getting this wonderful attention.
candy said…
As of Monday night, 54 million views! Also 1,140,422 shares and 1.8 million Likes!

Popular Posts