The Dog Days of Summer . . .

It's been so brutally hot here for the past month that I haven't felt like doing much of anything - but it finally cooled off yesterday - and here I am  :-)

I have been meaning to give you an update on my shoulder.  I went to the surgeon for my second post-op visit last week, and he said that I was right where I should be six weeks after surgery.  That was good to hear  :-)   I have six more weeks of PT and then I see him again in October.

That's right - PT is nearly finished.  I still go 3x a week until after Labor day, when I will drop down to 2x a week for the duration.  I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself not going to PT all the time  :-D  Of course PT continues at home - it feels like I'm going to be doing it forever on my own.

My stomach - it took two weeks, but my stomach is finally back to normal.  And, I'm taking only one diclofenac (my regular anti-inflammatory) a day - it's definitely keeping the creakiness at bay  :-)

Somehow I'm no longer getting the 10 on Tuesday emails - I've written in to see if I can find out why.  I am, however, getting closer to one of the goals I set earlier this summer.  It was #4:  Delete 12 pounds from my frame by September 1st.  I weigh myself on Thursdays - so from June 9th when that first post was, I'm now down 11 (only one more to go!!).  Not sure how this week will shake out on the scale - I was really hungry yesterday and ate much more than usual - but I keep on tracking and keep moving forward the best I can.  If you're keeping score at home, I'm down a total of 17.2 since May 26th, when I really got serious again.

I have also continued to chip away at the Big List of WIPs.  I created this list on August 12, 2015 - a little more than a year ago.  It was part of my plan to finish what I had started.  I noticed this unattractive trait in myself in a number of areas and I wanted to take action.  A few projects just needed to be blocked, and several more needed to be frogged, but I have plowed on through with the rest of them (as well as knitting assorted pairs of socks for the Year of Stash Socks group) - and now I'm down to two things left.

I finished (FINALLY) The Big Easy Gansey on Monday, when I washed it and laid it out on the Sunroom floor to block - and dry - but it's done and I'm taking it OFF the Big List.  I started this sweater in October 2014 . . .  This first photo is of it done.


And this one is of it blocking on the sunroom floor.  The shadow on the left side is from a plant pedestal.


I immediately picked up my Quick Sand sweater, figured out where I was with it, and proceeded to start knitting on it again.  I started this sweater in July 2015 - so, only a year sitting around for this one, but still, way too long.  After I finish this, I will have one thing left to finish - a pair of socks - the Rhiannon Socks - which were cast on in July 2013 (geez).  These were started as kilt hose for me, and when I stopped piping, I stopped working on them.  I will be finishing them however - and I'm hoping they might inspire me to pick my pipes back up. Although multiple people sent me a Facebook post today about some guy getting a fungus in his lungs from his pipes . . . my sheepskin bag has been sitting for more than a year . . . I'm kinda worried to play it again.

I continue to love my Tai Chi class -  I'm learning the Yang Short Form.  If you want to see it - here is my teacher doing the form.  (Ignore the phone ringing at the end! :-D )



So, that's the news from The Third Coast tonight - I'm home from Tai Chi, and I've just iced my shoulder, and now it's time for me to sleep  :-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
The green sweater is gorgeous! Congratulations on finishing it. Congratulations as well on all your other progress reports. It sounds like you are having a good summer in spite of/because of the surgery.
Linda M.
candy said…
I never watched Tai Chi before...so peaceful and meditative! Congrats on your progress and healing

Popular Posts