The Sunday WrapUp . . .

Been awhile since I've done a Field Report, and I kinda miss them  :-)

So - here's the catch up from the week . . .

My Run (Walk!) the Year Mileage.  What was I thinking that I could catch up 100+ miles by the end of the month?!  Seriously.  I'm about 73 miles behind the pack now, which sounds like I really caught up a lot.  But my math was WRONG (no surprise  ;-D) at my last update.  I was really only about 75 miles behind.  So, I've caught up 2 miles, which is better than a sharp stick in the eye, but not good enough.  I'm shooting for catching up between 30 - 50 miles in August.  These are catch-up miles in addition to my regular miles, and I'm also looking to make sure that I get my 3 miles/day in every weekday in August - more, really, to account for the weekends when I don't seem to get as many in.

I've got some tools that will help me with this - I've chosen to consciously get more active on the weekends.  I made it to the club on Saturday for a really good workout - it's been months since I've chosen to make the time for that, and boy am I paying for it today  ;-D  Just a good reminder that, as my trainer always says, "if you 're not building muscle, you're losing muscle."  Very, very true.

Salt.  I continue to do well with limiting my sodium intake.  I think I mentioned this once before, but the problem has gotten worse:  foot and leg cramps that have been waking me up multiple times a night.  This is not good, you guys, and I know that when I have more salt, I don't have them.  However, I really have to watch the salt.  I think there could be magnesium and potassium issues at play here, too - so, once again, it's a balancing act.  In the meantime, I decided to try my late mom's tried and true remedy for foot/leg cramps:  a bar of soap under the bottom sheet.  She swore by it.

O. M. G.

It works.

I don't know why.  Maybe it's massive placebo affect.  I just know it worked for my mom and it seems to be working for me.  She preferred small, flat bars of travel soap and asked me to pick them up for her whenever I traveled.  I had one from a recent trip and decided to try it.  Really happy it works for me because when my sleep is disrupted everything goes sideways.

A Look at What's On the Stands!

These are all the newbie plants you saw at the last look, plus some restart in the green tray.  All is going quite well here and I'm very pleased.  I feel, however, that I do need to get the minis closer to the lights - and, frankly, they might be happier a little warmer.  But, all in all, I'm happy about what's happening here!


Tray 1, upstairs in the sunroom - can you see the first baby popping up?   Yay!!!


Tray 2, upstairs in the Sunroom.  Not every leaf makes it - and I have found that if I'm going to have an issue, it's nearly always with variegated leaves of all types.  That's a leaf of Champagne Pink there are the bottom left, quietly rotting.  It's going to it's Great Reward shortly.  No babies in this tray yet.


Tray 3, in the basement.  Again, you can see some "spots" on heavily variegated leaves.  You an also see a LOT of condensation in this tray.  I've opened the vents at the top of this one and hopefully it should stop some of the rot.  Over on the left you can see the sucker I removed from my Jersey Snow Flakes.  It's straightened right up  :-)  No babies in this tray yet, either.


One last one to share - my thoughts that my large plant of Champagne Pink might have the variegation return (it's a crown variegated variety, which means the variegation is strong at the crown and fades as the leaves age) if I grew it a little cooler.


Oh yeah, baby!  I'm all happy!!   :-)  :-)

That's about it for the wrap up.  It's been one of those magnificent summer weekends here . . .

Again, no autotune, no flashy arrangements, no backing track, just a couple of guys making memorable acoustic music and singing.  It sounds like it's about to be a different tune, but it's not.  Enjoy . . .  :-)


Comments

Michelle said…
Love that tune, and your positive report!
Kim said…
I've been waking up with leg cramps too! Last night - 3 times. And it is so difficult to sleep once I've dealt with the cramping. I'll try the soap. I make sure I take a multi vitamin and I eat a banana every day. So true that it is a balancing act.

Stay positive!

Popular Posts