Another Book Read . . .

Yay!  I've finished a book!!  One that I started on 7 January 2019 and finished on 12 January 2019.  Yay Me!!

It was the last in the late Hugh Holton's Larry Cole mystery series, Revenge.  Unfortunately he did not live to complete it himself.  Here is the review I shared on Goodreads:
This was published a number of years after Holton's death, and wow, it was SO clear that someone other than Hugh Holton finished this book. I suspected as much the moment I saw that an "and" instead of a "/" had been placed between Detective Judy Daniels' moniker. And whoever finished it was clearly NOT a Chicagoan - references to the subway and midtown as well as a "fight-end" makes me think it was a New Yorker with no sports knowledge. The pacing was off and the end was not wrapped up well at all. I wanted to read this because I wanted to read all of Holton's books. Such a shame that he died at such a young age. I don't recommend this one, and can only imagine how different it would have been had he lived to finish it himself. 
 So, a bit of a disappointment, but I did finish it.

This week also saw me taking the first book from my to-read shelves to the Little Free Library .  It was called The Celtic Year.  It had a bookmark in it, which should have been my first clue that it hadn't grabbed me the last time I attempted to read it.  It's actually a day book, and as I looked as some of the entries, I remembered why I had put it down.  It's rare for me to walk away from a book that embraces the Celtic world.  But I knew I was never going to read this one, so as I toddled off to the train one very early morning, I left it in the Little Free Library. 

I'm not sure what I'm going to pick next.  Might be time for a self-help/self-discovery type of book.  Or maybe time to finish one of the unfinished ones in my Goodreads listing.  I'll let you know what I decide.

I had a CT scan on Friday and the tech's name was Clair.  I immediately thought of this song, and then this morning it was on the radio!



Comments

Popular Posts