More Progress . . .

I finally finished Criminal Element by the late Hugh Holton.  Sadly, because he passed away in 2001, there is only one more book in his Larry Cole series, Revenge, and I started it last night.

I was so embroiled in kidney craziness that I forgot to share one of my intentions for 2019.  It is to read more.  My entire life I was always the kid with the book, and I discovered that I hadn't really read anything in probably a year . . . that's very hard for me to believe, but there it is.

My first step was to get caught up with the year's worth of Guideposts magazines that I had in a stack in the sunroom.  I have always liked this magazine.  It's uplifting, and I used to sit down and read it cover to cover as soon as it arrived, but I found myself with a year of back issues.  It takes about an hour or so to read one completely.  I started while I was sick, and I got through them all.  (Of course the January issue just came  :-D  but I'm nearly finished with it).

Then, I realized that I had at least 40 books on my to-read shelf, and this doesn't even count the ones on my Kindle app . . . How did that happen???

So, I decided that I would not participate in my library book club this year, and much the way I am participating in "cold sheep" and knitting from my stash, I would read from my own shelves.  I would like to read 12 books this year.  I realize that doesn't seem like many to someone who might read much more, but it seemed like a manageable goal for me.

I started with finishing Criminal Element.  Sort of like a knitting WIP, I have a number of books on my shelves that I started and somehow never finished.  So - I will be finishing some books as well as reading new ones.  I also have a lot of books that were bought on a whim.  I've already made the decision that if something doesn't grab me within the first 2-3 chapters, I will not continue.  I'll donate it and move on to the next book.

Some of the books are in Goodreads, but not all.  In fact, Goodreads says that I have NINE books in progress.  This is goofy, so those will be some of the ones that I will be finishing (or not) first.

I'm keeping track over on the sidebar.

More Rundgren for you today from an episode of Live from Daryl's House . . .


Comments

Debbie S. said…
You set goals, and you are well on your way!
Very motivating... :)
Thanks!

Popular Posts