What About Those Socks?!

Well, I said I had been knitting mostly socks, and then only shared my very first pair. So, here some of the others. Been having a BLAST with all sorts of self-striping sock yarn! So far I enjoy making top-down socks. My knitted cast on is very stretchy, and I'm a crack Kitchener Stitch-er! Here's my second pair, made from Opal (I LOVE that stuff!) Rainforest II, Toucan.

My cousin, Kathyrn saw these and really fell for them. So, I made her a pair for her birthday from Opal's Acapulco. No photo - she's happily wearing them already!

Ooo! I like these here on the left! My first attempt at making the socks match, although since these were made with Opal's Hundertwasser, "Wartende Hauser," #1434, I suppose that really wasn't necessary :-) I love these colors - I think the socks look like candy :-)

OK - talk about candy. Could these on the right be ANY cuter? I love them!! Lana Grossa, Fantasy, #4833.

See - it's been Sock-O-Rama around here!


And guess what came in the mail today? SOCK YARN from The Loopy Ewe. What a great place THAT is. Let's see, L to R, Sockina, Panda Cotton, Panda (from Seacoast Handpainted Yarn in Pheasant colorway), and Fiesta's Boomerang (in Rhubarb colorway). I invite you to click on the photo to enlarge it, because that Pheasant is really, really beautiful.

Comments

Suburban prep said…
everyone is always talking about kitting socks. I haven't done that yet. I guess I will have to take a class and see what it is all about.
A :-) said…
Hi Suburban - socks are big fun!! I really love making them - nothing fancy, just your basic sock :-) I really recommend Cat Bordhi's book, Socks Soar on Circular Needles.

Popular Posts