My Very Own Sock Club :-D

I've never belonged to a sock club. Linda the Chicken Lady belonged to the Socks That Rock club for a year and she seemed like it, but at the time, I wasn't knitting socks much. Anyway - as usual, I digress. Sorry.

The Loopy Ewe just announced their sock club for 2008 - there were 300+ requests for about 100 spots, so they used a lottery system. I chose not to sign up for a lottery spot because of my Stash Busting Challenge, but there were a LOT of very disappointed people on the Loopy Groopy group on Ravelry.

A number of those who didn't get a "golden ticket" for the Loopy Ewe sock club are starting their own - and how great an idea is THAT?!?!?! I'm so on board with this!! However, rather than joining the herd, instead am going to do my own thing: I'm choosing at least 6 patterns that I've been wanting to try, and at least six skeins of sock yarn and I'm bagging them up and putting them in the closet.

Beginning in February, I'm going to pull one out every other month and have my very own sock club, all the while busting my stash even further!!

This totally rocks - almost as much as my snow blower :-D

Stay tuned!

Comments

kenai said…
That's such a great idea!

Popular Posts