How Kewl is This?! and Pay it Forward Redux

So, I was emailing with Janet Wray, of JWrayco - their website is nearly ready - and she said, "I see you're number one for the Crystal Lake fair." I had to think for a moment - and the lightbulb went on: The Midwest Folk & Fiber Arts Fair!!! As mentioned previously, I joined "The Flock" to support this event. Well guess what? I was the very first individual member!! My name is right there on the front page - at least for a little while. :-D I'm pretty excited about this. Not that it gets me anything special, but I thought it was kinda kewl.

Again, I encourage you to support this event, particularly if you are in the Tri-State area. We don't have many fiber events in the northern part of Illinois - and I think this one is well worth your support. As they say on the website, fairs like this don't run on admissions alone. You can become a member of "The Flock" for as little as $25.

Lookie what came from Canada today!!!! Isn't it gorgeous? Wendi, the Knitted Squirrel had a "Pay it Forward" exchange on her blog, and I signed up. Here is my simply elegant scarf, which will be looking way stylish on me next winter (or possibly next week with the wacky weather we've been having here lately). The pattern is Handmaiden's Wavy Scarf, and the yarn is Koigu Kersti, which is also made in Canada and hand painted. I LOVE it!! And check out the stitch markers - also made by Wendi. You can see more of her work on Etsy. She's part of SKWD Creations. I hope that link works. Thank you Wendi :-)

I also did the Pay it Forward exchange on my blog - and I only had one official taker, so there are two spots left, and I'm going to offer it again, right now. Here's the deal:


The "Pay It Forward Exchange" is based on the concept of the movie Pay it Forward, where acts or deeds of kindness are done without expecting something in return, just passing it on, with hope that the recipients of the acts of kindness are passed on. So here’s how it works. I will make and send a handmade gift to the first 3 people, now 2 people :-) who leave a comment to this post on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I do not know what that gift will be yet, and it won’t be sent this month, probably not next month, but it will be sent (within 6 months) and that’s a promise! What YOU have to do in return, then, is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog. I will send to anywhere in the World as long as it doesn't involve space travel!



And I'll leave you with the Raj Shawl - I found a use for that sari silk. It's not blocked (clearly), and you can click on the photo to biggify it.

Comments

PatQ said…
Hi Adrienne, are you going to that fiber festival? Thanks for putting it on your blog.
Michelle said…
Oooh, that was a VERY nice use for that sari silk! Beautiful!

Popular Posts